• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I believe the seller is a boardie. I see him all of the time at different shows. He sets up at shows and he is always buying.

I believe the seller is a boardie. I see him all of the time at different shows. He sets up at shows and he is always buying.

I hope his bidder follows through. :wishluck: That's a nice sale for a seller.

I just wanted to say my post in no way was trying to question or call anyone out. I was just surprised.

I closely follow the sales of all Hulk books and #1 is just nuts now. I have had offers of over double of what I paid for my 7.0 copy just 2 years ago. To say the book is on fire is an understatement.

I just wanted to say my post in no way was trying to question or call anyone out. I was just surprised.

I closely follow the sales of all Hulk books and #1 is just nuts now. I have had offers of over double of what I paid for my 7.0 copy just 2 years ago. To say the book is on fire is an understatement.

That books always been impossible above fine, going back to the 80's. That dark cover shows everything.

Good seller. I have bought many books from him. I don't think he is a boardie. I think bomber-bob knows him though.

It feels like buying pets.com stock circa 1999.

The prices are moving too fast based on silly factors such as a character being revealed in end credits or just the possibility that a series may be made into a TV show or movie.

There seems to be no real justification for the drastic price movements outside of the current popularity of superhero everything. I'm still rocking my snap bracelet but trends are scary.

I think selling into this market and building up a war chest for the future is the way to go.

Shipping question!

So when a buyer wins 4 different auctions. 2 auctions are free shipping while the other 2 requires you to pay for shipping charges.

Seller made auction where he doesn't combine shipping charges.

When time for seller to ship. He decides to put all books into 1 box and ship with 1 tracking number.

What are you guys thoughts on this?

Shipping question!

So when a buyer wins 4 different auctions. 2 auctions are free shipping while the other 2 requires you to pay for shipping charges.

When time for seller to ship. He decides to put all books into 1 box and ship with 1 tracking number.

My thought is I hope it wasn't me. lol

Seriously though. I think you are talking about eBay listings and not here. I include free shipping in all my CGC eBay listings but charge for raw books. When a buyer buys both i try to charge them the weight difference or the each additional raw book charge foregoing the initial charge. If they use cart checkout and pay the additional shipping without waiting for the invoice I always refund the extra shipping if I catch it.

I bought from you before on eBay and I have messaged you on here in the past and never had any issues. I'm talking about feebay.

I was joking of course initially but I stand by the latter part - The eBay seller should adjust the shipping charge. I don't know how high the shipping charge was but It seems he might have pocketed the extra money.

I bought from you before on eBay and I have messaged you on here in the past and never had any issues. I'm talking about feebay.

I was joking of course initially but I stand by the latter part - The eBay seller should adjust the shipping charge. I don't know how high the shipping charge was but It seems he might have pocketed the extra money.

I'm not really sure what can be done. If you paid an agreed upon amount of shipping (and its clearly noted that shipping charges are not combinable), and they ship you the goods in a reasonable amount of time and you get them in a reasonable amount of time as described, I'm not sure there's a complaint to be had. I don't think the seller has a responsibility to minimize your shipping costs even as he's minimizing his, although it'd be nice.

If you order from a store website, and make two transaction in two hours, each time paying for separate shipping, and they deliver the two items together, it'd be nice if they refunded partially one of the shipping, but I wouldn't begrudge them for not doing it.

Shipping question!

I'd ask him what happened. If someone buys something I'm shipping for free and something I'm not shipping for free, I'm so grateful that I only need one box, I ship them both for free and usually add a magnet or a comic.

However, sometimes, the person pays before I send the invoice with the free shipping, so I refund (as Dre said, as long as I catch it).

Some things might just be a mistake

Good seller. I have bought many books from him. I don't think he is a boardie. I think bomber-bob knows him though.

He said he does not post very often.