• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Thanks. I'll try to pay closer attention from now on.

Either I (accidentally) changed something or they did, but PP has started charging me a fee if I pay using a cc rather than my bank account.

Thanks. I'll try to pay closer attention from now on.

Either I (accidentally) changed something or they did, but PP has started charging me a fee if I pay using a cc rather than my bank account.

I don't think anything has changed, it's always been that way ?

I can't say I think about it all that often but seeing books just received on my account and noticing the date...........I still remember it like it was yesterday and I was watching with a bunch of co-workers in Toronto. I'm reminded every time I fly to NYCC which is only the last few years. I can't imagine being in the city at the time.

they charge fee if you use CC for personal PP.

they do not charge fee if you use bank account or existing funds.

Actually, I think there was a change. It looks like I'm getting stuck with the charge even when not using personal and my eBay payments defaulted to my bank account rather than the linked cc, as had previously been true. (Of course, PP balance is the first option when you have a balance.)

Assuming that a new member who posted nice books at nice prices is automatically a scammer makes you seem ignorant. But what's new, huh?

While it may seem suspicious on the outside, I did not get the feeling that its a scam. None of the books listed/purchased were "too good to be true" deals. Just good deals.

If its a scam, then it'll be revealed shortly. If not, then I feel I made a good purchase.

I guess you're just looking for board fodder to complain about....par for the course

Oh come on, Jeff never said the guy was a scammer. Suspicious? Of course, but to call Jeff ignorant and then say essentially the same thing he did in the next sentence is a bit disingenuous at the least.

I can see both sides have a point but attacking someone because they have the audacity to disagree with you is well, par for the course for you.

:facepalm:

Of course he did, just not saying "Hey, "XXX" guy is a scammer!" direct. He might as well say it, b/c it was absolutely implied, cool books and all.

And it is ignorant to automatically assume everyone is a scammer. Usually the scammers are fairly obvious. And like I said, I did not get that impression. There's always the possibility I am wrong and if that's the case, it'll be revealed rather quickly (like Roy said).

At the end of the day, its my choice to take a chance on someone, not yours or Jeff's or whomever's. If I'm wrong, then I hope I'm covered. If not, its a relatively cheap lesson. It isn't like he's offering up an AF 15 5.0 for $5k.

Now back to your regularly scheduled complaining...

lol

He asked a question as to why people would take a chance on an unknown seller with a sales tread that has a bunch of red flags. He has a clear, valid point.

You stated you were covered and wanted to take a chance. Also a clear, valid point.

Stating Jeff clearly intimated he was a scammer is beyond a stretch. Seeing that the same intimation could be applied to your statement that the sales thread is suspicious, I guess you called him a scammer as well. lol

All of your other posturing is great and it does entertain me but you can save the righteous victim act and maybe read what I wrote or you can continue dismissing anyone who disagrees with you.

Or maybe you could just agree that both sides have a point and you overreacted and attacked Jeff because you don't like him.

they charge fee if you use CC for personal PP.

they do not charge fee if you use bank account or existing funds.

Actually, I think there was a change. It looks like I'm getting stuck with the charge even when not using personal and my eBay payments defaulted to my bank account rather than the linked cc, as had previously been true. (Of course, PP balance is the first option when you have a balance.)

I agree.

I was paying for something SIGNIFICANT on PP in 3 installments. The first installment I did through CC, no fees.

The second one I did, I got slammed with fees unexpectadly

3rd one I got smarter and loaded up my pp account from my bank.

this was last year.

My guess is that there was a deal in place between PP and CC companies that expired last year.