• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Harvey's 1st Amendment rights

It's their board. They can delete anything they want to.

Dear Lt. Obvious, you are hereby promoted to Captain.

:jokealert:

Damn, I was going for Admiral :sorry:

Rear Admiral? In the Navy?'

:foryou:

You're thinking of my cousin, Rear Admiral Loin

Ah,my mistake...fooled by another Jeffigy.

Its very fortunate for me that I could truly care less what any of you think. In the end, I'll be just fine.

That's awesome.

Especially when you tell us over and over how much you don't care. lol

You're still missing the point. Of course you are covered and you have weighed the risks which is great. Seriously.

But you won't even consider the flip side of the coin of your actions which is that you (you personally and not a general you) buying books from a questionable seller with some red flags gives legitimacy to that seller and his thread. While you have thought through the risks, the next boardie sees an older member of these boards buying books and takes the risk without protecting themselves.

Is that your fault? Of course not but when so many people, including yourself repeatedly, like to trot out the community card, an everyman for himself move like that reeks of hypocrisy.

Hulk 1s were white hot at the show.

I sold a 5.0, there were also sales of a 6.5, 2.0, 2.5 and 3.0 -- dealers bought all of these and were paying aggressive numbers. Nobody consulted GPA when negotiating price.

Most dealers don't need to consult GPA, they know the market.

It's better that way. When people cite GPA there's always a temptation to slant the stats when they have skin in the game.

especially for major keys, most dealers know how much they're willing to buy and sell for going into a show.

No doubt. For main keys dealers don't even think to look at overstreet or gpa.

Marked

Its very fortunate for me that I could truly care less what any of you think. In the end, I'll be just fine.

That's awesome.

You're still missing the point. Of course you are covered and you have weighed the risks which is great. Seriously.

But you won't even consider the flip side of the coin of your actions which is that you (you personally and not a general you) buying books from a questionable seller with some red flags gives legitimacy to that seller and his thread. While you have thought through the risks, the next boardie sees an older member of these boards buying books and takes the risk without protecting themselves.

Is that your fault? Of course not but when so many people, including yourself repeatedly, like to trot out the community card, an everyman for himself move like that reeks of hypocrisy.

This post has a lot of good points and could apply to many people new or old. Well said.

That's awesome.

This post has a lot of good points and could apply to many people new or old. Well said.

I can't really figure out what it means - let the newbs take the bullets from questionable sellers? :shrug:

I hate when I miss all of the fun and then can't even figure out what I missed. :(

Rest assured the head of favoritism has a new face ;)

Who is it now, Bio-Rupp? (shrug)

No need to worry yourself about it Andy... you're above favoritism ;)

Speedy... you've been on me like flies on other flies lately.

If I've done something to offend you, why don't you PM me so I can apologize for it.

Jesus man... your constant shoe licking is getting quite tiresome. Like I said, if I've wronged you... just pop me a PM and we will clear it up.

Here's you another wink ;)

If I've done something to offend you, why don't you PM me so I can apologize for it.

Jesus man... your constant shoe licking is getting quite tiresome. Like I said, if I've wronged you... just pop me a PM and we will clear it up.

Shoe licking?

I don't know what shoe licking is but it sounds gross. :shrug:

And there's nothing more going on with me than meets the eye. I can't always tell what you're saying because sometimes you're overly cryptic, but you seem to think the mods have it in for you, I think that's probably not the case, so I say so. Fret not, I don't have it in for you.