• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

they charge fee if you use CC for personal PP.

they do not charge fee if you use bank account or existing funds.

Actually, I think there was a change. It looks like I'm getting stuck with the charge even when not using personal and my eBay payments defaulted to my bank account rather than the linked cc, as had previously been true. (Of course, PP balance is the first option when you have a balance.)

I agree.

I was paying for something SIGNIFICANT on PP in 3 installments. The first installment I did through CC, no fees.

The second one I did, I got slammed with fees unexpectadly

3rd one I got smarter and loaded up my pp account from my bank.

this was last year.

My guess is that there was a deal in place between PP and CC companies that expired last year.

I just encountered the change in the last week or so. Maybe they are rolling it out and seeing what kind of pushback they get. (shrug)

Was the sending either from outside the country or to outside the country? Then there is a fee. Absent that, it is supposed to be free if you received an invoice and sender decides who pays the fee if sending for goods and service. Source: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

Was the sending either from outside the country or to outside the country? Then there is a fee. Absent that, it is supposed to be free if you received an invoice and sender decides who pays the fee if sending for goods and service. Source: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-fees

U.S. purchase. It is just possible I suppose that I accidentally was using the personal payment option. But something seems to be going on because the default on PP purchases through eBay switched from my cc to my bank account.

I suppose I should call them. hm

I've never noticed a fee except PP. Where does the fee appear?

On the summary page just before you hit the button to send the money.

As a separate line? I am just about to pay for an eBay item.

I've never noticed a fee except PP. Where does the fee appear?

On the summary page just before you hit the button to send the money.

As a separate line? I am just about to pay for an eBay item.

This is getting exciting! Let us know how it goes. :wishluck: