• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

This seller clearly does not know how to stick to his own rules:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8570219#Post8570219

Thoughts?

I was probably going to buy the MP 1 but alas, not after that.

What are you talking about...Looks like AnkurJ had a deal with him via pm for sake of argument lets call the time on it at 11:01pm. A second :takeit: was placed at 11:02pm, first :takeit: wins

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8570219#Post8570219

Thoughts?

What are you talking about...Looks like AnkurJ had a deal with him via pm for sake of argument lets call the time on it at 11:01pm. A second :takeit: was placed at 11:02pm, first :takeit: wins

then why the double posting colonel jessup? If there was an I'll take it in pm, why post another one publicly?

Thoughts?

then why the double posting colonel jessup? If there was an I'll take it in pm, why post another one publicly?

He likely negotiated a price and many post "via pm" all the time

You can take that position which would clear the seller from his own rules. But you will never know when the deal was struck bc it was "via PM."

It just didn't sit well with me. And if everyone disagrees, then so be it.

By all means call him out on it and ask for the screen shots.

Thoughts?

So an outright :takeit: is bogus in this case?

Why even put rules in threads if they carry no weight??

A lame seller IMO

You can take that position which would clear the seller from his own rules. But you will never know when the deal was struck bc it was "via PM."

By all means call him out on it and ask for the screen shots.

If I was the other buyer, I would.

Thoughts?

So an outright :takeit: is bogus in this case?

Why even put rules in threads if they carry no weight??

A lame seller IMO

if a deal is reached in thread or via PM before someone else posts :takeit: that deal will be honored

what rule are you stating carries no weight? The deal was "highly" likely completed before an outright :takeit: was posted.

I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from?

He says this "if a deal is reached in thread or via PM before someone else posts :takeit: that deal will be honored"

If Ankur posted so quickly, then obviously they were talking before and he says (at least as I read it) that he'd take the first deal, not the first :takeit:.

Since the deal was by PM, it's possible he even loses money by honoring his word, which he did.

Sometimes I will reach a deal via pm and the person wants to post a :takeit: so they do after, or if it's someone I'm not all that familiar with I might accept their :takeit: in the PM but ask them to post in the open thread. Just so there is a public as well as private record.

He's a new seller, seems to me that he's trying.

Thoughts?

As long as there is a PM where AnkurJ made a deal that has a time stamp before the outright :takeit: then this deal was done precisely as his rules stated. Reading is fundamental

Thoughts?

As long as there is a PM where AnkurJ made a deal that has a time stamp before the outright :takeit: then this deal was done precisely as his rules stated. Reading is fundamental

I believe the seller edited the rules after both takeits were posted to their current phrasing. I believe a more general" :takeit: wins " was stated by the seller initially. I could be wrong but I believe that is what the rules stated prior to the two takes were posted.

Thoughts?

I believe the seller edited the rules after both takeits were posted to their current phrasing. I believe a more general" :takeit: wins " was stated by the seller initially. I could be wrong but I believe that is what the rules stated prior to the two takes were posted.

This was also what I thought. Glad to know I'm not crazy

I'm not exactly sure where you are coming from?

He says this "if a deal is reached in thread or via PM before someone else posts :takeit: that deal will be honored"

If Ankur posted so quickly, then obviously they were talking before and he says (at least as I read it) that he'd take the first deal, not the first :takeit:.

Since the deal was by PM, it's possible he even loses money by honoring his word, which he did.

Sometimes I will reach a deal via pm and the person wants to post a :takeit: so they do after, or if it's someone I'm not all that familiar with I might accept their :takeit: in the PM but ask them to post in the open thread. Just so there is a public as well as private record.

He's a new seller, seems to me that he's trying.

Sharon,

I think Columbia or anyone else with any issues is the timing of it.....

11:02PM :takeit: posted in thread by JMarch51

11:06PM :takeit: per PM Posted by AnkurJ

Original Post edited by seller at 11:18PM with no information as to what was added or changed

That he edited the original post after both :takeit:

But, I have no dog in this just my 2c

Ok for starters, I have no skin in the game and frankly, have no idea who the seller is, who JMarch51 is and have had limited interaction with AnkurJ.

So with that in mind, the timing of the multiple :takeit:'s threw me off when I went back and read the sellers rules.

Based on what I've been told by multiple sellers, if a deal is reached via PM, I have been asked to make the sale official by posting the :takeit: within the thread. Until I do so, someone can come in with an unconditional :takeit: and I would be SOL since the unconditional :takeit: trumps all deals via PM.

I thought that's what happened here. If it didn't, then I am wrong and I apologize for the minor blip of drama I possibly created.

Now that the seller has edited his rules at the time of AnkurJ's :takeit:, I have less faith in something on the up and up.

I think giving the benefit of the doubt is reasonable here, isn't it possible that the PM discussion included an immediate payment within those four minutes? Unless the seller has two browser windows open and is constantly refreshing both during a pm discussion, then it could be very likely that the first :takeit: was just simply not seen until the pm discussion was concluded. And if it was a sale via PM, then the seller probably sold it for less than the BIN price anyway. Just my 2c

I think giving the benefit of the doubt is reasonable here, isn't it possible that the PM discussion included an immediate payment within those four minutes? Unless the seller has two browser windows open and is constantly refreshing both during a pm discussion, then it could be very likely that the first :takeit: was just simply not seen until the pm discussion was concluded. And if it was a sale via PM, then the seller probably sold it for less than the BIN price anyway. Just my 2c

.... and even this is not always the case. I allow :takeit: via PM because some buyers just don't want the world to know what they buy. Often I get full ask in a PM agreement. Requiring a screen shot to prove the time stamp would defeat the purpose in those cases. With all the that some boardies give to those who buy for resale, I can understand the wish for privacy. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u