• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Junkdrawer will attest to this - I was going to buy the book for myself at one point! doh!

And I also regret not buying Roy's copy last summer! That's the one I referenced being one of my biggest comic regrets. :tonofbricks:

I thought that was my copy?

I like Roy's copy more. :shy:

Roy's junk is probably nicer :D

Conclusions were made and pitchforks were drawn before anyone had heard from the seller. Regardless of what people believe (and whether they were right or half right is irrelevant). Conclusions were drawn with only one side of the story.

This part you are mostly right about. The only word we had from the seller was the dialogue and conversations he had with Swick and Junk.

When Swick posted his issues here. He posted a link within John's sales thread.

Maybe we can ask Swick or Junk if John responded privately, because he didn't publicly. He continued on, not responding to anything, as if he had not seen the link in the middle of his thread. The silence was deafening.

Swick and Junk's conclusion turned out to be false.

That's why I repeatedly posted the night it happened that this is something that the seller should address directly and immediately.

Drawing a final conclusion with the gap in information was impossible. That's why I agreed with Tranny that John could have just canceled the offer before it was accepted and sell to anyone he wanted. It was the "sold, unsold, sold" stuff was giving the implication of something being hinkie.

It turns out the "sold" was always "sold" and the "unsold" claim that made things look untoward was the false statement. My pitchforks are always going to be out when something like that happens.

This all translates to me to:

Ready, Fire, Aim. The end justified the means. Iraq mentality all over again. etc.

Yes, John should have posted here and resolved it for everyone after the conversation was started but it shouldn't have been posted here before John was given an opportunity to do so privately in the first place.

And here it is again...."Iraq mentality". ???

Iraq?
Roy's Canadian so he's inherently, a fool.

It all makes sense now.

Aren't you Canadian? :baiting:

I thought he was from Quebec....that's a whole 'nother country.

That's it... I am going to make a list.

Can I be on the list? :wishluck:

You are on enough lists. No need for me to jump on that bandwagon. :baiting:

And I've learned a lesson. Don't post anything publicly. :D

And, stop lowballing. :baiting:

And that goes for all of you. :makepoint:

BA12 wasn't a lowball offer.

Harbinger #1 - sometimes you have to swing for the fence with a "package deal"... especially when the seller tells you the books are absolute junk and has several of them. :D

I know that keeps getting shot down as an excuse. It's the only reason I did it. "Why not?" It's not like I had anything to lose. I didn't JUST PM the seller with a lowball offer. I just threw out one swing for the fence offer that if the answer was "no" (and I was guessing it would be) I wouldn't have been left wondering. Who knows what someone will accept to get the ice broken on a sales thread when they have multiple of a book.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

You keep bringing that up for some reason. I can guarantee that there are several dealers / flippers on this site who think all comics are absolute junk and just see them as $$$. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is.

At one point I PM'd Greggy with an offer on some Spider-Woman books his response was

Thought you already had these two junky common books? :shrug:

He also called me a Sucker after I paid him. :cloud9:

lol

If you want to buy more, I'll be glad to bend you over again and again.

Maybe eventually, I'll do it literally.

:blush:

SETS FINISHED!!!! :ohnoez:

And I've learned a lesson. Don't post anything publicly. :D

And, stop lowballing. :baiting:

And that goes for all of you. :makepoint:

BA12 wasn't a lowball offer.

Harbinger #1 - sometimes you have to swing for the fence with a "package deal"... especially when the seller tells you the books are absolute junk and has several of them. :D

I know that keeps getting shot down as an excuse. It's the only reason I did it. "Why not?" It's not like I had anything to lose. I didn't JUST PM the seller with a lowball offer. I just threw out one swing for the fence offer that if the answer was "no" (and I was guessing it would be) I wouldn't have been left wondering. Who knows what someone will accept to get the ice broken on a sales thread when they have multiple of a book.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

You keep bringing that up for some reason. I can guarantee that there are several dealers / flippers on this site who think all comics are absolute junk and just see them as $$$. Nothing wrong with that, it is what it is.

At one point I PM'd Greggy with an offer on some Spider-Woman books his response was

Thought you already had these two junky common books? :shrug:

He also called me a Sucker after I paid him. :cloud9:

lol

If you want to buy more, I'll be glad to bend you over again and again.

Maybe eventually, I'll do it literally.

:blush:

SETS FINISHED!!!! :ohnoez:

You know what's next :banana:

Iraq?

It all makes sense now.

hm

Iraq?

It all makes sense now.

Where you been Logan? I barely see you posting anymore...

I haven't gone anywhere. All my deals have gone smoothly...though one guy did take an extra whole day to ship, so I was going to out him but thought better of it.

:ohnoez: