• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Just in case anyone was wondering I PMed arch to ask if posting PMs are allowed.

Here is his response:

"Hi,

No, moderation policy does not insist that private messages are not re-posted. If you send something to someone, you are entrusting them with that content. "

Arch

Edited by SPECTRE_nWo

Just in case anyone was wondering I PMed arch to ask if posting PMs are allowed.

Here is his response:

"Hi,

No, moderation policy does not insist that private messages are not re-posted. If you send something to someone, you are entrusting them with that content. "

Arch

Post your exact question to him, please.

That's Arch's way of removing CGC from liability if someone does post PMs.

In my opinion it's bad form to publicly post PMs without the consent of the other person.

And if it's in the case of a dispute, at the very least you'd want to have a proper discussion with the other person in an attempt to settle the dispute before resorting to posting PMs as evidence.

That's just my 2c

That's how I read it as well. I wonder if Arch has a legal background of some sort. The construction of his response looks very familiar. hm

That's how I read it as well. I wonder if Arch has a legal background of some sort. The construction of his response looks very familiar. hm

Or the collectibles group is large enough that they might run stuff by their legal department.

But yeah, definitely legalese.

Here is his response:

"Hi,

Arch

I read that as it's OK to post PMs from a moderation perspective. And be careful who you trust.

Wait, are you saying Arch is actually Comix4fun??? :o:o

:jokealert:

Just for future reference - If you call someone a liar and untrustworthy and it turns out to not be true would that be liable? Just curious if I understand the definition correctly.

Wait, are you saying Arch is actually Comix4fun??? :o:o

:jokealert:

HarveySwick.

Just for future reference - If you call someone a liar and untrustworthy and it turns out to not be true would that be liable? Just curious if I understand the definition correctly.

If it's spoken, it's slander. If it's written, it's libel.

Technically (I think), in either case, part of the definition also involves some actual damage being done, otherwise it's just :blahblah:

I read that as it's OK to post PMs from a moderation perspective. And be careful who you trust.

I think general, people should think about saying or putting something into writing before doing it. Generally, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about.