• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

For the record, Roy is quiet as a mouse in person.

I'll disagree with that. hm

How many times have we seen each other in person? At least 10-12? Something like that, maybe more.

You are one of the people that's actually the same out there as I perceive you to be in here.

You speak the same way, say the same things. Maybe others don't have in depth conversations with you.

The only difference is your hair has turned from Black to White over the time we've known each other.

I have not seen him as often, but I'll agree he's the same...just a little taller than he is on here;)

I'm nicer in person.

MUCH Taller, and MUCH nicer;) ;)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8940154#Post8940154

The last GPA on a book like this is what is almost certainly the book itself at $350. Not a very cool use of "data."

0.5 ) Sgnt series/Incomplete/Signed/Remarked Herb Trimpe - - (1) $350 - $350 Apr-2015

I just checked GPA and, yes, that's the identical book he's selling that sold for $350 in April. Identical serial number.

And his book is a signed and sketched Trimpe book. It's not a Stan book. What an "odd" choice to use the $450 Stan book as a comp...sold a month apart from his book. Best comp would probably be a Trimpe signed and sketched book, if we're going to use GPA comps it would help to use the closest possible, right?

I just checked GPA and, yes, that's the identical book he's selling that sold for $350 in April. Identical serial number.

And his book is a signed and sketched Trimpe book. It's not a Stan book. What an "odd" choice to use the $450 Stan book as a comp...sold a month apart from his book. Best comp would probably be a Trimpe signed and sketched book, if we're going to use GPA comps it would help to use the closest possible, right?

You are correct.

eInfBLR.jpg

[+]

The sad reality is that, at the moment, Stan's sig still sells books no matter his affiliation. I bough a Hulk 181 signed and sketched by Herb Trimpe for $350 and a similar book with only Stan's sig sold shortly after for $450. It's crazy.

Wow. So...he's fully aware of what he's doing.