• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,161 posts in this topic

Chip has offered to sell books on consignment for board members for years. He does it for others.

I don't understand what the problem is. (shrug)

I have a thought/question for you all in regards to sales threads.

Recently I asked a few friends via PM to look over my sales thread for feedback on the formatting, prices, grades, etc. I then thought a possible "Review my sales thread" thread may be useful to some who would like to improve upon a sales thread they have up and running by tweaking things as needed due to feedback outside of the thread.

I know it most likely wouldn't wind up being for the weak at heart but for those who would appreciate some constructive criticism it may be a quite useful and board improving thread. Rather than little digs in a sales thread or an all out krap, a simple PM with a link to the review thread may be all that's needed. Not to mention I'm sure a few would have a ball in a thread like this.

The feedback I received was greatly appreciated and I know some are even newer than I on the boards and possibly don't know where to turn and wind up getting krapped. This is definitely an awesome community and if it may help the boards/boardies it may be a great addition. The first page could possibly have a list of suggestions appropriate for what is to be sold, such as lots, $1 books, etc. (I'm definitely not the one for that job)

Please feel free to tell me it's a horrible idea, it's already created and I'm too big a noob to find it, or any other thoughts on the idea. This is definitely not a troll and if no one in this thread looked at my thread after reading this I'd be relieved lol. Just thought it may help some out.

It is a great idea.

The only issue is that the people that sorely need some feedback about their sales threads are going to typically be the last people to look for and/or accept any feedback.

Anyway, maybe tweaking your idea and putting it into a new seller advice thread that is stickied to the top of every selling forum could be beneficial for those that are here for more than money. (shrug)

I really like the idea of a possible stickied advice thread as an option to the idea. If anything is to come of the idea at all that may be the one that would most likely be the most comforting for sellers to look at rather than a review my sale thread.

Recently I asked a few friends via PM to look over my sales thread for feedback on the formatting, prices, grades, etc. I then thought a possible "Review my sales thread" thread may be useful to some who would like to improve upon a sales thread they have up and running by tweaking things as needed due to feedback outside of the thread.

I know it most likely wouldn't wind up being for the weak at heart but for those who would appreciate some constructive criticism it may be a quite useful and board improving thread. Rather than little digs in a sales thread or an all out krap, a simple PM with a link to the review thread may be all that's needed. Not to mention I'm sure a few would have a ball in a thread like this.

The feedback I received was greatly appreciated and I know some are even newer than I on the boards and possibly don't know where to turn and wind up getting krapped. This is definitely an awesome community and if it may help the boards/boardies it may be a great addition. The first page could possibly have a list of suggestions appropriate for what is to be sold, such as lots, $1 books, etc. (I'm definitely not the one for that job)

Please feel free to tell me it's a horrible idea, it's already created and I'm too big a noob to find it, or any other thoughts on the idea. This is definitely not a troll and if no one in this thread looked at my thread after reading this I'd be relieved lol. Just thought it may help some out.

It is a great idea.

The only issue is that the people that sorely need some feedback about their sales threads are going to typically be the last people to look for and/or accept any feedback.

Anyway, maybe tweaking your idea and putting it into a new seller advice thread that is stickied to the top of every selling forum could be beneficial for those that are here for more than money. (shrug)

There's also a few who actually appear to agree with the feedback and then don't make the requisite changes suggested by that feedback doh!

Chip has offered to sell books on consignment for board members for years. He does it for others.

No problem but I wonder why you are selling through him and not just doing it yourself? (shrug)

No problem but I wonder why you are selling through him and not just doing it yourself? (shrug)

Because then I don't have to deal with the eBay riff raff. :grin:

Well, there's that lol

I guess it's a selling partnership?

Vintage Comics

Epic Peach

epic peach 2

Buying and selling together, I guess? :whatev:

I don't get the point of your post. A consigner and a dealer working together - :o

And congrats to Peach for developing a strong enough E-Bay following that Roy would use him to sell some high priced books.

Edited by 1Cool

It is a great idea.

There's also a few who actually appear to agree with the feedback and then don't make the requisite changes suggested by that feedback doh!

:sorry:

I'll get to photobucket and increased scan sizes next go around. :(

i wondered about that Hawkman #2 i was outbid on. :cry:

:cry:

It is a great idea.

:sorry:

I'll get to photobucket and increased scan sizes next go around. :(

Well, I wasn't speaking specifically of you when I typed that. :foryou:

I guess it's a selling partnership?

Vintage Comics

Epic Peach

epic peach 2

Buying and selling together, I guess? :whatev:

I don't get the point of your post. A consigner and a dealer working together - :o

And congrats to Peach for developing a strong enough E-Bay following that Roy would use him to sell some high priced books.

I was confused that someone like Roy would feel the need to partner with him. No shenanigins implied. I just didn't get it. Actually, I still don't get it. lol

If someone had a question all they would have to do is send me a message and I'd answer it for them rather than have people make cryptic posts in a thread.

Chip publicly offered his services to board members a while back. I know there are a few members took him up on it.

There are many reasons why I chose Chip but here are a few: He maintains an eBay store so eBay charges him lower fees than I would incur as a seller without a store, he does a lot of volume which is advantageous to anyone selling (I have always been a low volume seller), I don't have to deal with the eBay riff raff of which there is plenty, I don't have to put up with eBay's unrealistic seller standards and I get to help Chip out - it ends up working for both of us.

I'd add that I don't understand why something so insignificant is even anyone's concern but that doesn't seem to faze people on here.

Yeah, Iwas just curious. If there are any two sellers that I'd be comfortable buying high dollar books from, it'd be these two.