• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I have a thought/question for you all in regards to sales threads.

Recently I asked a few friends via PM to look over my sales thread for feedback on the formatting, prices, grades, etc. I then thought a possible "Review my sales thread" thread may be useful to some who would like to improve upon a sales thread they have up and running by tweaking things as needed due to feedback outside of the thread.

I know it most likely wouldn't wind up being for the weak at heart but for those who would appreciate some constructive criticism it may be a quite useful and board improving thread. Rather than little digs in a sales thread or an all out krap, a simple PM with a link to the review thread may be all that's needed. Not to mention I'm sure a few would have a ball in a thread like this.

The feedback I received was greatly appreciated and I know some are even newer than I on the boards and possibly don't know where to turn and wind up getting krapped. This is definitely an awesome community and if it may help the boards/boardies it may be a great addition. The first page could possibly have a list of suggestions appropriate for what is to be sold, such as lots, $1 books, etc. (I'm definitely not the one for that job)

Please feel free to tell me it's a horrible idea, it's already created and I'm too big a noob to find it, or any other thoughts on the idea. This is definitely not a troll and if no one in this thread looked at my thread after reading this I'd be relieved lol. Just thought it may help some out.

Recently I asked a few friends via PM to look over my sales thread for feedback on the formatting, prices, grades, etc. I then thought a possible "Review my sales thread" thread may be useful to some who would like to improve upon a sales thread they have up and running by tweaking things as needed due to feedback outside of the thread.

I rather like this idea. :applause:

I think that is a smart thing for sellers to do, but I would keep it in a pm among trusted friends. I can only imagine the rear end pain public threads like that may create.

Thank you for the feedback about the idea. I could imagine it getting a little harsh at times if some who partake in it cannot accept the criticism either due to not wanting to hear it or the delivery.

I don't mind keeping something like this in private PM's for myself personally but have seen a few sellers who I don't think that's an option due to being so new to the boards.

Thank you for the kind words KPR. :foryou:

I'm always open to feedback, bad or good if it helps.

Well, as long as you’re open to feedback…

I think your thread looks and reads fine. One item per post is the way to go. Including multiple books in a single post makes it harder to scroll through, find and/or buy a particular book. I’ll even skip threads laid out like that. I would suggest larger scans, though. Get a free image hosting account on Photoshop or Imgur and use that as your source. Attachments are too limited in size to be useful.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I know I've been dragging my feet on learning the most appropriate way of posting scans. Most likely out of my fear of technology and my lack of patience that goes with the learning process but it is time. I debated launching my scanner out the window trying to figure that out lol. I will definitely take your advice and step it up in that department.

Including multiple books in a single post makes it harder to scroll through, find and/or buy a particular book. I’ll even skip threads laid out like that.

Same here.

.... I tried this in one sales thread and it was very unpopular with my regular buyers. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Including multiple books in a single post makes it harder to scroll through, find and/or buy a particular book. I’ll even skip threads laid out like that.

Same here.

.... I tried this in one sales thread and it was very unpopular with my regular buyers. GOD BLESS...

I avoid threads like that. :fear:

I have a thought/question for you all in regards to sales threads.

I know it most likely wouldn't wind up being for the weak at heart but for those who would appreciate some constructive criticism it may be a quite useful and board improving thread. Rather than little digs in a sales thread or an all out krap, a simple PM with a link to the review thread may be all that's needed. Not to mention I'm sure a few would have a ball in a thread like this.

The feedback I received was greatly appreciated and I know some are even newer than I on the boards and possibly don't know where to turn and wind up getting krapped. This is definitely an awesome community and if it may help the boards/boardies it may be a great addition. The first page could possibly have a list of suggestions appropriate for what is to be sold, such as lots, $1 books, etc. (I'm definitely not the one for that job)

Please feel free to tell me it's a horrible idea, it's already created and I'm too big a noob to find it, or any other thoughts on the idea. This is definitely not a troll and if no one in this thread looked at my thread after reading this I'd be relieved lol. Just thought it may help some out.

It is a great idea.

The only issue is that the people that sorely need some feedback about their sales threads are going to typically be the last people to look for and/or accept any feedback.

Anyway, maybe tweaking your idea and putting it into a new seller advice thread that is stickied to the top of every selling forum could be beneficial for those that are here for more than money. (shrug)

Same here.

I void threads like that. :fear:

I wish I could void some threads around here.

Same here.

I void threads like that. :fear:

Eww... and doesn't that hurt?

:D

-slym