• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Where does one go to advertise that one takes consignments? I am just curious... y'kknow, since I just sold two TWD #1s last month for someone else...

:)

How were the prices that you got?

Pretty good, although I didn't set any GPA records.

:doh:

Thanks, guys!!!

-slym

Chip has offered to sell books on consignment for board members for years. He does it for others.

I don't understand what the problem is. (shrug)

No problem but I wonder why you are selling through him and not just doing it yourself? (shrug)

Because then I don't have to deal with the eBay riff raff. :grin:

What about this?

I know you love me, but really, what is this question about?

Roy has a site, but who knows about it? A limited number of people, and mostly from english speaking countries, I would venture. A venue like eBay.com gives you a global exposure today, and I found your question very unusual, that’s all.

I think there are more interesting aspects about Roy that we can discuss rather than why he entered into a business relationship with Chip.

I will begin,

Roy, right shoe on first or left shoe?

(Side question to everyone else: If you have slip on or sandals, has anyone ever tried to jump into the shoes at the same time?)

Thanks in advance.

Roy does not use shoes, what do you think?

I think there are more interesting aspects about Roy that we can discuss rather than why he entered into a business relationship with Chip.

I will begin,

(Side question to everyone else: If you have slip on or sandals, has anyone ever tried to jump into the shoes at the same time?)

Thanks in advance.

hm Do scuba diving fins count?

I will begin,

Thanks in advance.

hm Do scuba diving fins count?

Now you guys are asking too much!!!!!!!

Casey, I like you and I like vaillant but you gotta admit it's strange that people are discussing how I go about choosing to market my books. At least it was for me. Especially since I've dealt or met in person with nearly everyone in the discussion and yet nobody bothered to ask me directly about it and instead posting it in a random discussion thread.

It's not a RANDOM discussion thread, it's a GENERAL discussion thread.

Two completely different things.

I would like to bring up a new topic, maybe even petition for it as an official sales thread rule.

For raw books, in the event the seller does not list his opinion of the grade, a mandatory Returns Policy will be in effect. Returns must be allowed with an additional, minimum(discussion point) time limit.

Bob, I agree with you. I never understood how someone sells a raw without putting up a grade. HOW did you determine the price? You assigned it some kind of grade to get a price for it, at a minimum toss up that grade. Noone is saying you have to be accurate in your grade, just give me an idea of what you think it is.

Bob, I agree with you. I never understood how someone sells a raw without putting up a grade. HOW did you determine the price? You assigned it some kind of grade to get a price for it, at a minimum toss up that grade. Noone is saying you have to be accurate in your grade, just give me an idea of what you think it is.

Thanks. I concur, a general idea of the grade range is fine. I recall a sales thread from Mr. Bedrock earlier in the year. He was offering up some very high grade Charltons and simply gave a blanket grade of VG+ or better (or something like that). He offered a very creative way of supplying a grade without getting into specifics. It worked because his prices were based on the VG+ grade. BTW, I bought some of the books and they were stunning.

The new proposed rule should probably be in effect for only books priced above a minimum of some sort. This would allow the one dollar, five dollar, etc tables to continue as is.

Edited by bomber-bob

Bob, I agree with you. I never understood how someone sells a raw without putting up a grade. HOW did you determine the price?

This

Copy that ...

I see books without grades I move on ... could care less if boardie has been selling on here for 20 years ...

Edited by Paddy_McShillihan

Bob, I agree with you. I never understood how someone sells a raw without putting up a grade. HOW did you determine the price?

This

Copy that ...

I see books without grades I move on ... could care less if boardie has been selling on here for 20 years ...

Well you should....being that CGC, much less the boards, didn't exist 16 years ago.

This

Copy that ...

Well you should....being that CGC, much less the boards, didn't exist 16 years ago.

. could care less if boardie has been selling on here for 20 10 years ...

I would like to bring up a new topic, maybe even petition for it as an official sales thread rule.

For raw books, in the event the seller does not list his opinion of the grade, a mandatory Returns Policy will be in effect. Returns must be allowed with an additional, minimum(discussion point) time limit.

Seller's grade for raw books means very little to me, I prefer a scan or picture of the book as per rule 7..at least for anything that's worth more than 20 bucks.

Having a seller state a clear policy is enough as far as "board rules" need to be concerned.

If you want something and the seller has a no return policy, contact them via PM and let them get a sniff of your money while you seek your special considerations, if nothing else at least both parties will have an idea of who they are dealing with if there's a discussion.

Opening it up as a mandatory return across the board for every "ungraded" raw book sold is basically enabling buyers remorse after a poor buying decision has been made. It's also empowering the post-sale renegotiator if you load any of the variables (shipping) into a "rule"

(shrug)

What we should be debating is what we do if someone takes action (paypal refund/return) contrary to a stated return policy...that's the PL dilemma.

2c

This

Copy that ...

. could care less if boardie has been selling on here for 20 10 years ...

As you shouldn't...some of those guys stink at grading.