• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Maybe I should change it to - :takeit:IN the Thread Trumps ANY and ALL PM's

Maybe you should at least be consistent. I just now searched and you do both "all PMs" and "all PM negotiations". But it's your sales thread and your idiotic policy to begin with. It's what caused a kerfuffle when we worked out a deal via PM before someone posted a :takeit: in the thread and you refused to honor the deal. Not that I have to worry about it as I'll never do business with you again nor will, according to PMs I've gotten, several other people on here. But stick with whatever works out best for you.

ktuva.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Maker

giphy.gif

..... they're really just comics.... it's not like we're jockeying for a spot on the waiting list for a kidney.

More people need this perspective. It's only comic books.

+1

+ a whole bunch

while that is certainly true. Comics for a lot of people here are not JUST comics, they are a primary source of income. The comic business allows them to feed their kids, live in their homes, support their family.

THere's certainly an argument made for 'just a comic', but sometimes there's also an argument that "one party cannot abide by the terms of the rules that they themselves set, and as a result, my bottom line and my livelihood is directly impacted." It's not ideal, but sometimes that's the difference between making rent this month, or getting your kid a birthday present, or eating things other than instant noodles this week. Of course its not always this serious. But because SOMETIMES it is this serious (see all the charity threads on the boards), we should treat the boards, the rules, and potential customers and sellers with respect.

Rules are rules, contracts are contracts, and we have them for little inconsequential comics and for big ones, and they should be followed the same or we shouldn't follow them at all. ESPECIALLY since you basically get to set you're own rules.

I do respect that some people make their living that way, I also respect how important a book can be to a collector. I had blisters from walking around several cons looking for a book to fill in one of my runs....I didn't make my living that way, but I sure wanted the book

I've often gotten multiple pms and I worry sometimes that someone will be disappointed, so after many tweaks, I just say that the first :takeit: (sign or written are implied) gets the book, in a pm or on a thread.

However...nothing is ever going to be perfect here..and they are not kidneys. Although some people seem to view them as such (kid's birthday presents aside.)

In this case, even if he amended his rules, it appears he didn't amend them to benefit himself...I have to say "appears" because I didn't ask him.

That's true, there's no chance Ankur sent him a PM to pay him MORE than his asking price. lol

Well, yeah...that was kind of my thought from the beginning, and nothing at all against Ankur.

Of course.

That way, if Tranny still brings it up, he, and not you, would end up looking like a tool, and Tranny's ok with looking like a tool.

:whistle:

Don't I know it.

FTR, I think this is the first time I've mentioned it since last August when it happened.

That way, if Tranny still brings it up, he, and not you, would end up looking like a tool, and Tranny's ok with looking like a tool.

Don't I know it.

FTR, I think this is the first time I've mentioned it since last August when it happened.

I can attest to that. That's roughly the last time Dan tried to justify his equivocal policy language.

Maybe I should change it to - :takeit:IN the Thread Trumps ANY and ALL PM's

Maybe you should at least be consistent. I just now searched and you do both "all PMs" and "all PM negotiations". But it's your sales thread and your idiotic policy to begin with. It's what caused a kerfuffle when we worked out a deal via PM before someone posted a :takeit: in the thread and you refused to honor the deal. Not that I have to worry about it as I'll never do business with you again nor will, according to PMs I've gotten, several other people on here. But stick with whatever works out best for you.

Still?? :facepalm:

Oh no - You and your "PM buddies" won't buy from me :fear:

You know, if you showed a little remorse and understanding, even if you don't agree with Tranny's position, it might go better for you.

Instead of mockery, why not "You know, I'm sorry that deal didn't work out better. I may not agree with your position, but I know it didn't sit well with you, and I'm genuinely sorry about that. I'll try to do better with others going forward."...?

hm

No remorse?? I extended the Olive Branch publically and humbly apologized for the way the deal went down, to which he did not accept.

I'm sure there are more snotty remarks between then and now, I just happened to see this one.

I've often gotten multiple pms and I worry sometimes that someone will be disappointed, so after many tweaks, I just say that the first :takeit: (sign or I do accept it written out) gets the book, in a pm or on a thread.

Yes, it seems it is definitely the best rule to use. And of course it‘s up to the parties seriousness and integrity, but again, it would be with different rules as well. :)

P.S. Your colored text is often hard to quote… lol

Some people do stupid stuff and its gets talked about forever on the boards.

Just put someone on ignore and stop bringing it up.

It gets so tiring and only adds to the perception the boards prefers veteran members.

It gets so tiring and only adds to the perception the boards prefers veteran members.

My dad still wonders why you don't call.

O-O-O-Oh

O-O-O-Oh

:cloud9: