• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Where is the post that he was responding to?

Here is the quote from Jaydog, I hid the other posts in a spoiler tag, but they are there to keep it consistent:

thunsicker

Thanks......so confusing when you look at the performance over the last 20 years and continuous records been set in the comic book world it just seems that there is no end in site. I mean a action # 1 9.0 white pages just sold for over 3 million dollars no one would have ever thought that say back in 1990. Some people I have spoken to think that that 9.0 will be the 1st 10 million comic one day if so I can only imagine that books like amazing fantasy 15 in 9.0 and above will sell for way way more than they do today......I would have figured the same would be the case with such a popular series as the X-Men.

Be very careful when looking at comic books (or any collectible) with this kind of mentality. It is much easier for an item to lose value than for it to increase in value especially in a market in which collector's tastes are quite fickle. I assure you that there are a lot of collectible markets in which individuals have made the assumption that prices could only continue to rise. Ironically most of those markets have crashed and burned by now or are undergoing a price correction. In the business of collectibles there are no guarantees. These are items that pay no dividends, have high costs of ownership (insurance, storage, and possibly maintenance), and incur fees to liquidate.

Just words of caution.

Kind Regards,

Mint

You just described home ownership too! lol

But in all seriousness, x men 1 has been flat or declining in the Uber high grades but has actually seen gains this year in most other lower grades. Nothing is a given, so don't "expect" your books to go up in value. Let that be the fringe benefit to owning something that brings you joy.

-J.

I tried to tell him that a hundred posts ago. doh!

lol I know. I'm starting to think he already owns a high grade copy of x men 1 and is looking for a little validation.

-J.

It is from the thread: Is X-Men #1 graded CGC 9.2 underrated (Value)?

FYI - Hulk1962 used be named TeamX-Men

name change thread

Edited by rfoiii

No fee could be a check or money order. Even a bank deposit into someone's bank account.

Oh yea, didn't think about that seeing as it's 2015 and lots of people use check and money orders. Sure would have been nice to see that listed in his description of the "terms" of his sales thread. hm

What about the return policy?

:popcorn:

Hi all, Sadly, I have to enter this into discussion.

I had a deal in place last night with seller/member "eriqui" @ 11:31pm - upon providing back cover pics, (which he promised to have by the end of the night ) for an agreed upon price. (Via PM - with proof) ,

He doesnt notate the book is "pending" in his listing, which (of course) leads to someone else popping the "itakeit" this morning (10 hours after our agreement). with the same conditions (pending BC pics) - I notify the seller of what just happened, and he tells me the book has been sold and "there's other books out there, good luck"

I just want everyone to know of this situation since it seems to be happening more and more of late, and this is NOT how we, on these boards conduct sales.

ugh

Sorry buddy about that deal. Personally I am weary about buying from someone who offers Personal Paypal as it's NOT allowed by the rules. Plus his description doesn't say much about returns or how hes gonna ship it, unless he edited his first post. Stay away from that guy IMO. Again sorry. I'm sure some will also chime in about said sales thread. Don't know why it made it that long with the "no fee" option or no return statement. Mods?

edit: I copied and pasted the first post for others to see just in case it gets changed. See spoiler below.

Hello fellow boardies, up for grabs is an unrestored X-men #1 (1963) CGC 3.5. It has Off-White to White Pages. The book presents extremely well and has great colors. A real beauty of a key to have!

Price includes shipping and insurance. Will provide discount if paid through a no fee option. I will add a scan of back cover tonight. Please contact me for any questions- thanks for looking!

As for references, I have a 100% feedback on eBay with the username eri_qui and have sold on here on and off since 07' (I feel old) and have a kudos thread here:http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5874976#Post5874976

SOLD

> 1_zps478054d5.jpg

Thanks man, I reached out to the new buyer and the seller to let them know the deal. I just want to boards to know , this is not how to conduct a sale here. A shame this happens too often. And my "personal ban list grows!" - wish there was a place to nominate "bad" sellers. To aware the members here. hm

I'm guessing there was a price negotiation in the PM that was lower than the i'll take it in the thread.

That is likely, but again it will come down to what exactly is binding in a "pending" (meaning conditional) sale.

I'm guessing there was a price negotiation in the PM that was lower than the i'll take it in the thread.

That is likely, but again it will come down to what exactly is binding in a "pending" (meaning conditional) sale.

Agreed. And I am in no way saying I agree with how the seller conducted himself.

Hi all, Sadly, I have to enter this into discussion.

I had a deal in place last night with seller/member "eriqui" @ 11:31pm - upon providing back cover pics, (which he promised to have by the end of the night ) for an agreed upon price. (Via PM - with proof) ,

He doesnt notate the book is "pending" in his listing, which (of course) leads to someone else popping the "itakeit" this morning (10 hours after our agreement). with the same conditions (pending BC pics) - I notify the seller of what just happened, and he tells me the book has been sold and "there's other books out there, good luck"

I just want everyone to know of this situation since it seems to be happening more and more of late, and this is NOT how we, on these boards conduct sales.

ugh

Sorry buddy about that deal. Personally I am weary about buying from someone who offers Personal Paypal as it's NOT allowed by the rules. Plus his description doesn't say much about returns or how hes gonna ship it, unless he edited his first post. Stay away from that guy IMO. Again sorry. I'm sure some will also chime in about said sales thread. Don't know why it made it that long with the "no fee" option or no return statement. Mods?

edit: I copied and pasted the first post for others to see just in case it gets changed. See spoiler below.

Hello fellow boardies, up for grabs is an unrestored X-men #1 (1963) CGC 3.5. It has Off-White to White Pages. The book presents extremely well and has great colors. A real beauty of a key to have!

Price includes shipping and insurance. Will provide discount if paid through a no fee option. I will add a scan of back cover tonight. Please contact me for any questions- thanks for looking!

As for references, I have a 100% feedback on eBay with the username eri_qui and have sold on here on and off since 07' (I feel old) and have a kudos thread here:http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5874976#Post5874976

SOLD

> 1_zps478054d5.jpg

Thanks man, I reached out to the new buyer and the seller to let them know the deal. I just want to boards to know , this is not how to conduct a sale here. A shame this happens too often. And my "personal ban list grows!" - wish there was a place to nominate "bad" sellers. To aware the members here. hm

Can you tell us his exact words (no need to post PM's) accepting your offer?

Agreed. And I am in no way saying I agree with how the seller conducted himself.

Absolutely, and the same for me.

Usually , an offer accepted is an offer accepted , regardless . Hence we have time stamps to file who "got it first" ( which was the same "pending" condition of the buyer, sold to)

Unless I'm missing something

I agree...could you tell us exactly how he accepted your offer? If he locked himself in to selling to you explicitly that would be good to know.

Usually , an offer accepted is an offer accepted , regardless . Hence we have time stamps to file who "got it first" ( which was the same "pending" condition of the buyer, sold to)

Unless I'm missing something

I am sympathetic, so please take the following question in good spirits, I'm just looking to understand more fully the situation.

In your discussions with the seller, was it explicit or otherwise implied that the book would be "on hold" for you pending the back cover scans?

eriqio- Hi , that sounds reasonable! I'm currently out at the moment, but promise to provide a back cover scan when I get home. I can have the book sent out tomorrow if everything works out.

Thanks,

My reply

- Sounds good! we got a deal! (thumbs u.

:takeit: @ xxxx ,pending BC scan

----------

Seems like an accepted offer to me :facepalm:

Not sure if it was "accepted" by the buyer. Until buyer approved of back scans... it appears book was unsold hm

This brings us back to whether a "hold" was implied pending the scans, if not, than it is a continuous negotiation only and no obligation has been created.

That said, given the buyer's last reply posting the I'll take it pending scans, you would think if the seller disagreed he would have replied quickly to clarify, yes?

Not sure if it was "accepted" by the buyer. Until buyer approved of back scans... it appears book was unsold hm

This brings us back to whether a "hold" was implied pending the scans, if not, than it is a continuous negotiation only and no obligation has been created.

That said, given the buyer's last reply posting the I'll take it pending scans, you would think if the seller disagreed he would have replied quickly to clarify, yes?

Agreed.