• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Out the seller

if they can resolve amicably, and everyone learns a lesson, no reason to 'out' yet, IMO.

Out the seller

if they can resolve amicably, and everyone learns a lesson, no reason to 'out' yet, IMO.

I concur, assuming the seller/shipper realizes the error of his ways and doesn't repeat bad shipping practices.

Apparently not, if I'm reading this right: I just don't feel like getting blamed for damaged comics when I hadn't even touched them b/c I didn't spend more to "upgrade" to a box.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8946829&fpart=2

look who's giving out selling tips. pretty sure people can set their own terms in their own sales.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8946829&fpart=2

look who's giving out selling tips. pretty sure people can set their own terms in their own sales.

t6285.jpg

Just a tip:

A lot of foreign buyers are more likely to pay a higher price for books than domestic buyers, as a lot of sellers do not offer international shipping.

As long as you use e-con delivery confirmation or signature confirmation on an international order, you are covered.

If it is a higher dollar book, have the buyer pay for insurance.

That's not the way I like to play just a tip. (tsk)

Just a tip:

A lot of foreign buyers are more likely to pay a higher price for books than domestic buyers, as a lot of sellers do not offer international shipping.

As long as you use e-con delivery confirmation or signature confirmation on an international order, you are covered.

I got this for my girlfriend at NYCC, she loved it lol

Archer_Tip_Black_Shirt2_POP.jpg

Just a tip:

Actually, it’s the tip of the Iceberg. There is a lot more…

Just a tip:

I got this for my girlfriend at NYCC, she loved it lol

Archer_Tip_Black_Shirt2_POP.jpg

:applause:

Is that FX brand or other? I need that

Hi All,

I have a few questions about a purchase someone made on my CA/Modern sales thread. Someone posted that they'll take a specific book and I responded with a thank you and a PM was on its way.

PM went out within 15 mins of the buyer's post with a WTTB and instructions on how I can invoice via PP. Hasn't been read yet. I raised an eyebrow initially because the buyer's 1st post was in my thread. But after looking at his/hers profile I find that the acct was registered at 11:00pm and the 1st (and still only) post was at 11:01pm.

I sent a second PM this evening expressing my mild concern and asked when I can expect to receive an email so I can invoice. Nothing. I know there's a 30 day window to resolve issues, but I'm curious to know how I can back out of this transaction if it comes to that.

Is this likely a shill? And if so, for what purpose? To tie up a $20 book? :screwy:

It's no big deal for me to hold the book for a month, but it's a shame to hold it up as it's a part of a 3 book run that some other buyer may want.

Anyone come across this kind of (potential) shenanigans before?

Thanks in advance

Just a tip:

Is he an insufficiently_thoughtful_person?

Hi All,

I have a few questions about a purchase someone made on my CA/Modern sales thread. Someone posted that they'll take a specific book and I responded with a thank you and a PM was on its way.

PM went out within 15 mins of the buyer's post with a WTTB and instructions on how I can invoice via PP. Hasn't been read yet. I raised an eyebrow initially because the buyer's 1st post was in my thread. But after looking at his/hers profile I find that the acct was registered at 11:00pm and the 1st (and still only) post was at 11:01pm.

I sent a second PM this evening expressing my mild concern and asked when I can expect to receive an email so I can invoice. Nothing. I know there's a 30 day window to resolve issues, but I'm curious to know how I can back out of this transaction if it comes to that.

Is this likely a shill? And if so, for what purpose? To tie up a $20 book? :screwy:

It's no big deal for me to hold the book for a month, but it's a shame to hold it up as it's a part of a 3 book run that some other buyer may want.

Thanks in advance

Was this purchase less than 24 hours ago? That's what it looks like to me. I would wait at least a few more days before getting worried.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Was this purchase less than 24 hours ago? That's what it looks like to me. I would wait at least a few more days before getting worried.

I appreciate the advice and was planning on doing just that. I'll give it a week. I'd rather not have to add more boring rules to my sales threads because of one (potential) bad apple. I like the casual camaraderie of so many sales threads here.

Thanks once again! :foryou: