• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

More thread crapping by a repeat offender(iirc).

this is ridiculous.

no,it isn't. by the time the book becomes available,someone would have bought it.the people in the beginning of this thread should agree.
:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Nail meet head.

no,it isn't. by the time the book becomes available,someone would have bought it.the people in the beginning of this thread should agree.
Considering your attitude I have seen in FS threads, your opinion doesn;t mean much to me. :whatev:

:eyeroll:

well,yours mean less to me.

well,for those who can't buy,it's not great.

Yup, I'm bored. :acclaim:

this is ridiculous.

Nail meet head.

Considering your attitude I have seen in FS threads, your opinion doesn;t mean much to me. :whatev:

:acclaim:

this is ridiculous.

Nail meet head.

Hold on, I'll place a whine-1-1 call for him. The Waaaaambulance will be right over.

:eyeroll: Dale made this perfectly clear in his previous sales thread. It's just sour grapes. he could have bought something in the previous thread but didn't. Screw him.

this is ridiculous.

Nail meet head.

Hold on, I'll place a whine-1-1 call for him. The Waaaaambulance will be right over.

:eyeroll: Dale made this perfectly clear in his previous sales thread. It's just sour grapes. he could have bought something in the previous thread but didn't. Screw him.

wambulance.jpg

I have a topic for discussion and a proposal to amend one of the rules/guidelines for sellers. Not sure if this is the right place to do this, so redirect me elsewhere if necessary.

I recently bought some comics from some non-U.S. sellers who did not disclose their location in the sales threads nor their profile. So I was surprised by the high shipping costs after I've agreed to buy items, although I did not ask up front where the sellers were shipping from. Given that this forum and the majority of the users on this forum are U.S.-based, I assumed the sellers would be in the U.S. or disclose the out-of-country location up front. While I bit the bullet and paid for the comics, I feel that omissions of shipping locations are grounds to cancel a deal and may be a techinique used by some non-U.S. sellers to increase sales.

The only rule in the usage guidelines pertaining to this for sellers is:

8. List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods.

I proposed amending this rule to the following:

List estimated shipping costs, times, and methods, and at a minimum list the country the items will be shipped from.

I do not propose requiring users to change the location in their profile, as many have creative/nonspecific locations (i.e., "somewhere in middle America").

Thanks for your time.

Edited by highfivephase

Not too hard to figure out that it was a Canadian deal. I have been bitten in the butt by Canadian shipping a couple of times. Mostly because I am a typical American and assume everyone is American. So I have said things like "I can do that for $35 shipped." Only to find out it was Canadian shipping and I spent almost all of the money from the sale on the shipping.

To me, it is incumbent upon both parties to comunicate. But ultimately, as a Seller, you have to live by the terms of what you said you were going to do, regardless of whether you take it in the can on shipping costs. And both of the Canadians were quick to remind me of what I had committed to when I asked if they could see their way clear to splitting the difference.

I think the same thing goes for buyers, and if you did not deal with the shipping up front, then it really kind of boils down to it being whatever it is. Sucks, but I don't see any other rational resolution.

I'd prefer not to get into the particulars of the deals that prompted my proposal, but had I known the shipping location I probably would have not agreed to buy.

I totally concur with your concerns. Many Board members don't have a serious

location in their profile, they should if they are going to sell. To be honest, there just aren't enough Board members that seem to care about this issue. Shipping costs are suppossed to be listed but it's absence is not enforced by the usual self appointed Board Police. I hope your concerns are heeded. Good luck !

Always take a minute to read the rules of the sales thread. Most of the sellers on here have the costs and terms up front. The problem is sometimes ( and not refering to you), people start hitting books without knowing the shipping terms or location. If the seller is not clear on shipping costs and methods, send him a P.M. and ask.

DR.X

Always take a minute to read the rules of the sales thread. Most of the sellers on here have the costs and terms up front. The problem is sometimes ( and not refering to you), people start hitting books without knowing the shipping terms or location. If the seller is not clear on shipping costs and methods, send him a P.M. and ask.

Having to mention in your sales thread that you're located outside of the US seems like a no-brainer to me - especially if you state that shipping costs will be "exact postage" :shrug:

DR.X

When a US seller sends me an invoice I always tell them I'm in Canada and

suggest they charge me more for shipping. Seller shouldn't lose money on

shipping because I live in another country. It isn't all about me :shrug:

Not too hard to figure out that it was a Canadian deal. I have been bitten in the butt by Canadian shipping a couple of times. Mostly because I am a typical American and assume everyone is American. So I have said things like "I can do that for $35 shipped." Only to find out it was Canadian shipping and I spent almost all of the money from the sale on the shipping.

I too recently got bitten by Canadian shipping costs. Totally my fault for not checking first. I won't make that mistake again. :tonofbricks:

:eek:

It was predictable after all the discussion.

Yep. I see he just listed a book FS moments before the strike.