• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Oh, Ok. I was curious, I thought I've seen you guys do that a few times. I was thinking you guys didn't like each other, but at the same time you couldn't stop yourselves from posting. That would have been funny.

Oh, Ok. I was curious, I thought I've seen you guys do that a few times. I was thinking you guys didn't like each other, but at the same time you couldn't stop yourselves from posting.

Nah, I :luhv: Slym. Just giving him mess bc he's being a :cry: because someone stupidly criticized his old avatar so now he's not using any.

:eyeroll:

Oh, Ok. I was curious, I thought I've seen you guys do that a few times. I was thinking you guys didn't like each other, but at the same time you couldn't stop yourselves from posting.

Nah, I :luhv: Slym. Just giving him mess bc he's being a :cry: because someone stupidly criticized his old avatar so now he's not using any.

His Rai avatar was awesome. One of my favorites actually.

His Rai avatar was awesome. One of my favorites actually.

Mine too! And that's why I keep :baiting: him to put it back!

Tell them politely to go pound sand.

-slym

There's a polite way to do that?

I find that using a British accent while saying it tends to help in that regard.

-slym

I find that using a British accent while saying it tends to help in that regard.

So how do you type in a British accent? (:

I just got hustrucked on ebay tonight.

Received this message regarding one of my items from his ebay ID.

Which also has some negative feedback due to his grading.

-

"

Way over priced.

$100 shipped?

"

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=hustrucks-adamantium-will&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

So say a person who is notorious for being a lowballer asks you about a few books. You already have a discount on your pricing, but then cut an extra deal on top of it. They then return with a PM saying they are not looking to pay that much, and then provide eBay results that include results on sales of blue copies that do not include multiple signatures (as your books do), as well as one example that is a raw sale vs a 9.8 SS book. How does one reason with that? Also, how does one deal with a new PM from the person when the person has apparently forgotten that you already have a PM conversation still going regarding the exact same books?

I'm wondering if it's the same schmuck I'm thinking of... hm

If so, he did the same thing to me. lol

How about when you remove yourself from the PM thread and say "good luck in finding them at your price"...then the books sell in the thread...then you get a PM "how much did you sell them for?"...then you try greggy's HarveySwick has removed themself from this topic. Then you get ANOTHER PM insisting that I reveal the price?! lol:screwy:

Delicious.

How about when a certain someone PM's you to make a lowball offer. You work with them on books that are already reasonably priced. Back and forth and back. And then they have no money ...... Most delicious.

Or SAY they have no money... But throw up the :takeit: in 5 other threads... lol

It's funny how you piled onto this considering how much you did this to me.

So say a person who is notorious for being a lowballer asks you about a few books. You already have a discount on your pricing, but then cut an extra deal on top of it. They then return with a PM saying they are not looking to pay that much, and then provide eBay results that include results on sales of blue copies that do not include multiple signatures (as your books do), as well as one example that is a raw sale vs a 9.8 SS book. How does one reason with that? Also, how does one deal with a new PM from the person when the person has apparently forgotten that you already have a PM conversation still going regarding the exact same books?

I'm wondering if it's the same schmuck I'm thinking of... hm

If so, he did the same thing to me. lol

How about when you remove yourself from the PM thread and say "good luck in finding them at your price"...then the books sell in the thread...then you get a PM "how much did you sell them for?"...then you try greggy's HarveySwick has removed themself from this topic. Then you get ANOTHER PM insisting that I reveal the price?! lol:screwy:

Delicious.

How about when a certain someone PM's you to make a lowball offer. You work with them on books that are already reasonably priced. Back and forth and back. And then they have no money ...... Most delicious.

Or SAY they have no money... But throw up the :takeit: in 5 other threads... lol

It's funny how you piled onto this considering how much you did this to me.

Hey, I admitted I made mistakes. I learned and moved on. Some apparently didn't. ;) I still kick the tires on books with friends but don't do it with everyone anymore. I learned. (thumbs u

-slym

So how do you type in a British accent? (:

You hit "Shift" and the "pound" key first.

At the risk of being called his "friend" again, at what point is this Hustruck venting no longer about venting and more about railing on him for sport. Or is this brought upon by his behavior?

At the risk of being called his "friend" again, at what point is this Hustruck venting no longer about venting and more about railing on him for sport. Or is this brought upon by his behavior?

Sometimes you just answer your own question.

People vent as a response. The behavior and incidents are a constant, hence the constant nature of the venting.

Sometimes you just answer your own question.

I kinda figured this was the answer, hence why I added it to my question. on a side note, I have warned him several times of his actions and how he's being perceived but one can only do so much.

And I am just showing that whatever, I do what I want.

:D

-slym