• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Here's a new one... thread crapping THE BUYER!

And here it is quoted in case it gets cut/edited.

I'd love to buy books on this site but might as well call it

COLUMBIA COMICS BUYING ALL YOUR GOOD PRICED HOT BOOKS!!!

seriously dude, check yourself...

I dont mind sharks and bullies but come on...

ANY TIME there is a good deal.. YOU are always on it..

save some for everyone else.

and dude is right, you are hording ..

its creepy... honestly. Ima bout done with this site.

I wanted to buy a book from this post, I apologize.. I got lost in the BS!

wow.

That is probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen on these boards in the last few weeks. :facepalm:

I can understand their frustration but thread carping is bad form. They've obviously never been present during a foolkillers sales thread. The good old days... lol

Are people forced to be here against their will?! (shrug)

"Ima bout done with this site."

Ok... :hi:

609fv.jpg

I know... everyone here has missed on a book or twenty... it happens.

But is Columbia Comics actually a dealer buying for resale?

Yes, and we're gonna have to live with it. There are plenty of dealers buying for their stock here. If they see a good deal, why wouldn't they?

Yes, and we're gonna have to live with it. There are plenty of dealers buying for their stock here. If they see a good deal, why wouldn't they?

yep and there have always been dealers here. They buy, they sell... we get first dibs (often) on stuff they are going to take to cons as inventory.

This time of year the dealers here are stocking up on the stuff that moves so seeing them grab the IH181s and the IM55s and such shouldnt be a surprise to anyone who's been here for a Jan-March buying fest before.

yep and there have always been dealers here. They buy, they sell... we get first dibs (often) on stuff they are going to take to cons as inventory.

This time of year the dealers here are stocking up on the stuff that moves so seeing them grab the IH181s and the IM55s and such shouldnt be a surprise to anyone who's been here for a Jan-March buying fest before.

Define '"always"

I remember that being a point of contention when CGC first started the Forum-Only Selling part of the site, and there was a "wait and see" kind of attitude towards the unfortunate potential of "dealers using forum goodwill to restock their shelves".

I think the consensus was that if it got really bad, and some dealers were abusing it, then it would be re-examined. I have no idea if CC is abusing it or not, but even CGC realized that some people are looking to "give a deal to forum collectors" with lower-than-market prices, and are not intending dealers to buy them out and then charge double at retail.

irrelevant.

If we're going to be pointing fingers about resale we're going to be pointing a lot of fingers.

You put a price on a book, and you get that price, its irrelevant.

irrelevant.

If we're going to be pointing fingers about resale we're going to be pointing a lot of fingers.

Not necessarily.

irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant, and this very issue was brought up when CGC first setup the Forum-Only Selling Areas. The potential for abuse of forum goodwill was the main consideration, and you have to remember that back then, some people were being extremely generous in giving forum members a good deal.

But I believe (and I may be wrong) that CGC stated sellers could put a "no dealers" clause in their sale thread if needed and if there was mass abuse, then it would be re-examined.

Anyone confirm that?

irrelevant.

Of course it's relevant, and this very issue was brought up when CGC first setup the Forum-Only Selling Areas. The potential for abuse of forum goodwill was the main consideration, and you have to remember that back then, some people were being extremely generous in giving forum members a good deal.

But I believe (and I may be wrong) that CGC stated sellers could put a "no dealers" clause in their sale thread if needed and if there was mass abuse, then it would be re-examined.

Anyone confirm that?

It was one of the "earlier" rules that got slowly eliminated due to the fact that too many seller's couldn't refuse the $$$$$ that the dealer's were waving in their faces. A few boardies specified in their threads that they wouldn't sell to dealers, but the majority were swayed by the all-mighty dollar, and the rule soon went the way in the dodo bird.

I remember that being a point of contention when CGC first started the Forum-Only Selling part of the site, and there was a "wait and see" kind of attitude towards the unfortunate potential of "dealers using forum goodwill to restock their shelves".

I think the consensus was that if it got really bad, and some dealers were abusing it, then it would be re-examined. I have no idea if CC is abusing it or not, but even CGC realized that some people are looking to "give a deal to forum collectors" with lower-than-market prices, and are not intending dealers to buy them out and then charge double at retail.

IIRC the dealer issue was based on not being able to list "stock" in two places, not who posted items for sale, hence the "Forum Only" sections.

Where do you draw the line between who is a dealer and who isn't these days? We shouldn't lose the forest for the trees.

(thumbs u

You are like a cheerleader.

I thought it was well said! :baiting:

I just think this entire argument/discussion is stupid. Anyone of us can throw out the :takeit: and get a good deal. This guy got beat on a deal. Shut off the computer, :cry: if you need to and it will make you feel better, take a little break, and get over it. (shrug)

irrelevant.

Anyone confirm that?

It was one of the "earlier" rules that got slowly eliminated due to the fact that too many seller's couldn't refuse the $$$$$ that the dealer's were waving in their faces. A few boardies specified in their threads that they wouldn't sell to dealers, but the majority were swayed by the all-mighty dollar, and the rule soon went the way in the dodo bird.

As it should. Always be happy with the price when you sell at. If that "rule" had stuck around where does it end? You can't resell for 6 months? Good luck with that probation list. lol