• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why not here?

4 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Bill C said:

you have SDCC

I agree, but it's not easy to get to SDCC. Correction: not economical. 

I figure the good folks who run Comic Art Con are (obviously) East Coast people who keep it local; there's probably no real incentive to bring it to the west. A few months ago a similar thread was started and the conclusion drawn was to start your own. I kicked around the idea in my head for a day, but the biggest obstacle (for me at least) is having to pony up the deposit or fee for the venue rental up front. Second, it is getting the word out. Besides the additional cost of flyers, you'd be better served advertising Northern and Southern California (unless by west you mean Montana or Idaho :nyah:). 

The Comic Art Con guys have said repeatedly that people should feel free to take the model and start one on the west coast. It is less a question of "why not here?" and more "why don't you do it?"