• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In before the lock: My wife puts me on a "Comic Time-Out."
1 1

91 posts in this topic

Since getting back into the hobby in July of 2016 I've put together a nice little collection. Last night the wife put me on a comic buying "Time-Out."

Can't buy another book until Terry's con in January of 2018.

I'm not complaining. I'm not complaining at all.

Edited by NoMan

The big book, I suppose is TTA #27 CGC 7.5 I picked up at Terry's con. Strange Tales #110 CGC 3.5. HG Swamp Thing Run Vol. 1 and Vol.2 from Pickycollector. Mostly Bronze stuff: Star Wars #1  CGC 9.6. Invaders #1, Killing Joke HG, etc.  My collection mostly concentrates on Frank Miller: DKR #1 9.8, One SS book - DKR #1 9.6. along with DKR run and Batman Year One. Have Miller's Daredevil run including 158 and 168 in HG (Newstand). In hindsight I wish I had more thought out the Miller Daredevil run and only bought 9.8 newsstand ones, but I have multiple copies in the run, all over the map -condition wise. There's a couple more I'm forgetting. 

This is why my wife and I share a bank account for household expenses while still maintaining our personal accounts. Not that I'm irresponsible with my spending, but I like to avoid nagging and she doesn't need to know what I spend on my hobby.

Edited by MadGenius

9 minutes ago, NoMan said:

The big book, I suppose is TTA #27 CGC 7.5 I picked up at Terry's con. Strange Tales #110 CGC 3.5. HG Swamp Thing Run Vol. 1 and Vol.2 from Pickycollector. Mostly Bronze stuff: Star Wars #1  CGC 9.6. Invaders #1, Killing Joke HG, etc.  My collection mostly concentrates on Frank Miller: DKR #1 9.8, One SS book - DKR #1 9.6. along with DKR run and Batman Year One. Have Miller's Daredevil run including 158 and 168 in HG (Newstand). In hindsight I wish I had more thought out the Miller Daredevil run and only bought 9.8 newsstand ones, but I have multiple copies in the run, all over the map -condition wise. There's a couple more I'm forgetting. 

If i had spent that much money in just 6 months my wife wouldn't have put me in time out. She would've shot me.

18 minutes ago, Murphman13 said:

If i had spent that much money in just 6 months my wife wouldn't have put me in time out. She would've shot me.

My wife encourage all of it and more! She just said it's now time to chill a bit. And then today eating out at lunch she said, "If it's above 1k we have to talk about it, lower then that go ahead!"

Miller HG newsstand run, look out. 

5 minutes ago, NoMan said:

What married person doesn't every now and then? My life is much richer and fuller with her, flaws and all. I'd be a fool to divorce. 

She's standing over you with a rolling pin right now isn't she.

Only joking. Where would we be without them. :foryou:

Happy, with a house full of comics. Probably!

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

My wife encourage all of it and more! She just said it's now time to chill a bit. And then today eating out at lunch she said, "If it's above 1k we have to talk about it, lower then that go ahead!"

Miller HG newsstand run, look out. 

^^

7 hours ago, NoMan said:

Since getting back into the hobby in July of 2016 I've put together a nice little collection. Last night the wife put me on a comic buying "Time-Out."

Can't buy another book until Terry's con in January of 2018.

I'm not complaining. I'm not complaining at all.

Apparently she also has your balls too! Maybe you should be called noballs.  

My wife and I have an arrangement, I don't ask about purses and shoes, she doesn't ask about comics.

4 hours ago, NoMan said:

What married person doesn't every now and then? My life is much richer and fuller with her, flaws and all. I'd be a fool to divorce. 

You would have to be a fool - she would get HALF of your comics!!!!!!!!!