• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is it Time We Knocked Hate on the Head? ? ? ?

Is it Time We Knocked Hate on The Head?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Has 'Hate' Become Boring?

• Yes, there are no hate jokes left in the world. Stop now 😃
    • No, we've barely touched the surface of available hate - keep going 😠
    • I hate you for asking 😈

194 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

I'm totally getting used to the new boards, though I still miss the old boards.

Let's be honest, apart from the ugly visuals, busyness and preoccupation with hate, the new boards are OK. Say it quietly though..

2 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

Knocking hate on the head is pointless; a waste of time.  Evaluating the underlying causes; now that's a bit more worthwhile.

I like you Unca Ben. You are wise.

Reader, when you visit, as well as voting, note here what you think are the underlying causes of hate. I will summarise them periodically, if there are sufficient replies to warrant it.

I will get the ball rolling.

Possible Underlying Causes of Hate

1. Loneliness

I can see why you started this topic in CG, given the other conversations here.
I suspect a natural continuance of the subject in this vein could result in its banishment to the WC.
Furthermore, any honest contribution by me could lead to the topic being locked or vanishing altogether, given the taboos that have been instantiated by the  institutional authorities.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way.  It's likely undeserved, but I'll take what I can get.  :)

6 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

I can see why you started this topic in CG, given the other conversations here.
I suspect a natural continuance of the subject in this vein could result in its banishment to the WC.
Furthermore, any honest contribution by me could lead to the topic being locked or vanishing altogether, given the taboos that have been instantiated by the  institutional authorities.

Thanks for the compliment, by the way.  It's likely undeserved, but I'll take what I can get.  :)

Credit where credits due Unc.

So, would it be fair to say that the fact that one cannot make an honest contribution without the topic being locked or vanishing altogether, given the taboos that have been instantiated by the institutional authorities, is a possible cause of hate?

9 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

I say it's well deserved, I've learned a lot from your posts, and not just about comics. Also, anyone that's a fan of Sam Harris' work gets a stamp of approval in my book. :applause:

2 minutes ago, Foley said:

I say it's well deserved, I've learned a lot from your posts, and not just about comics. Also, anyone that's a fan of Sam Harris' work gets a stamp of approval in my book. :applause:

What has that got to do with hate Foley!? ?

:roflmao:

Just now, Marwood & I said:

What has that got to do with hate Foley!? ?

:roflmao:

Oh yeah, . Sorry about that. I thought we were in the "We love Unca Ben" thread.

I hate cilantro, or as they say here, coriander.

I also hate arugula a.k.a. "rocket"

8 minutes ago, Foley said:
21 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

I say we kick both Unca Ben and the new boards in the crotch.

3 minutes ago, Foley said:

Oh yeah, . Sorry about that. I thought we were in the "We love Unca Ben" thread.

I hate cilantro, or as they say here, coriander.

I also hate arugula a.k.a. "rocket"

Only joking. Unc is probably right - this thread will likely get moved to the WC.  Just as soon as the administration team all get back from their six month holiday. 

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Now that's just hate speaking. Get voting you horrible little lizard.

1 minute ago, Marwood & I said:
3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Now that's just hate speaking. Get voting you horrible little lizard.

And Marwood and you...., :wishluck:

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

And Marwood and you...., :wishluck:

Careful, me grapes might burst. I'd hate that to happen ?

21 minutes ago, Foley said:

Harris sure knows how to make his point.  A true master of the language.

3 minutes ago, Unca Ben said:

I suppose if I hate anything it would be Brussels sprouts - that's all I can think of.  But I do eat them on occasion.

Is that your Christmas present to yourself Unc?