• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the first appearance of x23?

25 posts in this topic

What is the first appearance of x23?

If I get my Wolverine #80 graded ( the x23 test tube issue) will it be returned with the stat of being the first appearance of x23?

Edited by Joel Rampello

Actually, I believe the first appearance is in the X-Men Evolution cartoon. Like Harley Quinn, the character's actual first appearance was in another media, making the first comic book appearance virtually worthless. :devil:

weird, I would think the fact that x23 is presented in different form, 10 years before nyk would be enough for a info tag on a graded copy. What's the value of that 9.8 wolverine 80?

Edited by Joel Rampello

2 hours ago, Joel Rampello said:

I bought them.... most are worth about 60-100 each graded.... thats not bad esp for 1 dollar each. I also found the xmen first appearance of omega red.... so all in all was a great score

If you're considering grading them, make sure you check the prices they actually sell for and in what grade and include all grading costs into your decision making including shipping and insurance

On 3/19/2017 at 0:31 PM, thehumantorch said:

I would have bought them also but they're very common books and not worth a lot in general. 

Well, buying the #1 is a no brainer and certainly a few of the others.  not with any expectation that they'd be 9.8s though.

3 hours ago, HCE said:

Wolverine #80 has nothing to do with X-23. The fact that the vial seen in the issue has the number 23 on it is a total coincidence. This has been confirmed by the creator of X-23, Craig Kyle.

"....he shoulda' better, known better..."--John Revolta--Pulp Fiction

"..You've got a point, c'mon let's get into character!"----Samuel L. Jackson---Pulp Fiction lol 

There is a "what the" issue that has a lady wolverine in it. Also, wolverines daughter Wild Thing from the 1990s to go along with the test tube. all of these are just precursors to the cartoon and then NYX 3 being her fist comic appearance. 

2 hours ago, Drewsky said:

There is a "what the" issue that has a lady wolverine in it. Also, wolverines daughter Wild Thing from the 1990s to go along with the test tube. all of these are just precursors to the cartoon and then NYX 3 being her fist comic appearance. 

So it's a prototype! :idea: 

5 hours ago, HCE said:

Wolverine #80 has nothing to do with X-23. The fact that the vial seen in the issue has the number 23 on it is a total coincidence. This has been confirmed by the creator of X-23, Craig Kyle.

Link?

4 hours ago, thirdgreenham said:

So it's a prototype! :idea: 

Rancor from the 90s Guardians of the Galaxy probably also qualifies as a prototype.

And if you want to hurt your head, the first two Killer Frosts are probably prototypes of the Caitlin Snow version and the original Yondu is probably a prototype of the movie/ Star-Lord #1 version since movie Yondu and Caitlin Snow seem to be the breakout versions, not unlike how Kara Zor-El was the breakout Supergirl and The Thing was the breakout dino-hide/rock-skin Kirby character.

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Link?

Here's a Facebook post he did about it:

https://www.facebook.com/CreatorofX23/posts/1236842233036907

Also, he went into a bit more detail in this interview:

https://soundcloud.com/marvel/this-week-in-marvel-ep-281-monsters-unleashed-spider-man-x-23#t=1:36:35

I tried linking to the timestamp where he goes into it, if that doesn't work then skip to 1:36:35.