• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Captain America #1 (1941)

18 posts in this topic

PGM Captain America #1 (1941)

I was thinking of putting these together and submitting.

From what I understand it would get a green label because the pieces would be married.  And from what I've heard the highest a detached cover book can get is a 4.0.

What do you think it would come back as, and should I send them slabbed and let them marry it(I'm not even sure they do that), or should I crack out and send it assembled together.  

I'll post pics of slabbed and raw, and graders notes, thanks.

CGC COVER:

GRADERS NOTES:

Bottom Spine Spine Split
Full Left Back Cover Large Crease
Full Right Front Cover Wear
Spine Small Multiple Tear
Top Spine Spine Split

PQ:

OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

CGC COVERLESS:

GRADERS NOTES:

Multiple writing full top of page 1

PQ:

OFF-WHITE TO WHITE

33328507232_22f885760e_b.jpg

33356210371_0af997f0ce_b.jpg

33328507222_70a11fa4e1_b.jpg

33484444705_548f88b41b_b.jpg

Ok, I think that's all the pics.   I'm also interested in and pro's/cons of combining or not combining.   I'm not selling, so it I do submit, it would be for insurance purposes and curiosity.  I haven't done a PGM post before, so if you need more info just let me know.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Not sure if it can get a 4.0, but it would definitely get a green label (qualified). I have a Bat 1 with the coverst still attached together but are detached from the book itself and it got a 2.5.

agreed. I believe it would get a 2.5/3.0 tops and a Green label....

Edited by Primetime

I would keep these as is.  Physically marrying them isn't much unless it just bothers you.  And the Kirby sig on a Cap 1 is pretty sweet so why hide it.  They are now graded so you have insurance right there, albeit at your purchase price most likely.  Save about $300 on grading fees, or more which is likely the premium you'd get if any at all. 

I agree with ft88 and DK, keep them as is....the coverless copy really looks great showing the splash page, presents like a cover itself. And having them side by side is a very impressive display.