• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What ever came of Danny Dupak/Hammer/ Perry/...
1 1

52 posts in this topic

I forget if I have ever asked this before...

Was Danny selling comics out of his yard as well as the RVC shows during the 1990's?  His home or the yard he used would have been around the Queens / Nassau border area if I recall correctly.

Edited by Buzzetta

He lived with his parents, or step parents or some older couple in an old house on Little Neck Parkway a couple blocks north of Jericho Tpke, in Bellrose right at the city border. It was a corner house, and the rest of the block were apartment buildings. It had a nice sized backyard, with an old Lincoln in the driveway. I'm not aware of him have yard sales but I only learned of him after I joined the boards.

I did some business with Fantazia in the mid 80s and never had an issue. Brokered a deal for a Marvel 1. I was always waiting for the guy to call me telling me it was a frankenbook but it turned out he had sold it a few years after he bought it

This is really strange. I know John Farrar, the guy whose name is on that contract.   He has lived on Collins in Williston Park his whole life, works as a butcher and to the best of my knowledge never owned a house in West Hempstead.   His only connection to comics that I know of was a CB handle he used back in the late 70s. His brother Billy( or William as he calls himself these days) is a lawyer but most in financial dealings.

23 hours ago, telerites said:

I managed to get him on the phone and he was a big horse's behind.  Never would give me a refund.

Although you do have to admit that some of his outlandish excuses and stories were just so absolutely ridiculous that you couldn't help but to laugh at them.  Definitely frustrating and infuriating, but also a bit of a riot listening to him when he has the upper hand over you.  :frustrated:  :mad:  :censored:

But poor old Danny boy can really turn into a big cry baby  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: once you get the upper hand over him and start to turn the screws on him.  Boy, was that ever a lot of fun at the end!!!:whee:  :x    lol

Edited by lou_fine

4 hours ago, toro said:

Whatever happened to Esquirecomics lawsuit against him?

After starting that thread, Esquirecomics has become purposefully quiet on the issue, and I don't think we'll ever get an answer.  Whatever settlement occurred probably silenced him.

1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

After starting that thread, Esquirecomics has become purposefully quiet on the issue, and I don't think we'll ever get an answer.  Whatever settlement occurred probably silenced him.

I figured the same thing.

3 hours ago, NoMan said:

Bored at work today. Anybody got time for funny stories re: this guy?  Never heard of him. 

He once threatened me with the gift of a flight to NYC, a steak dinner, and an as-s-kicking.  :cloud9:

On 3/27/2017 at 6:46 PM, The Brain said:

Threads like these remind me of how many erudite contributors we have lost over the years. Luckily Greggy is still with us. 

25 minutes ago, october said:

Threads like these remind me of how many erudite contributors we have lost over the years. Luckily Greggy is still with us. 

:foryou:

4 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

Threads like those make me realize what a tool I was/am.  Good grief, some of my old posts...:tonofbricks:

You're a Terp so inherently, you are a fool and a tool.