• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas 2018, April 6-8, Dallas TX
1 1

265 posts in this topic

Anyway, that was a mouhful of artist's listed already, and there are to be more in February? Comic artists too I guess? There are a lot of slots to fill on the fan expo site.... just biding time in budgeting for the special tickets.... no artist listed so far had those last year... I don't think, maybe Snyder and Capullo 

It'll Be interesting to see what comes next....with 2-3 weeks worth coming :wishluck:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

13 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Fan Expo Dallas is coming up! After they announced comic artists, I noticed they have a space for tattoo artists....they had them last year as well.... I don't like it.... is this a southern thing? Do they have this elsewhere too? 

@mysterio @Kevin Boyd

I don’t think it’s that unusual, and I’m seeing it more at larger pop culture shows like this one. It doesn’t bother me (they’re definitely better than booths for bathroom reno, essential oils or insurance), and there are plenty of fans that use their services. 

Edited by mysterio

28 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

The tattoo artists have been a popular attraction at many of our events. A lot of them focus on horror, scifi, fantasy and superhero designs.

Tattoos and the fans these conventions appeal too usually are in line. It's a good match. I think it's kinda cool. I almost got one last year. I might this year. 

3 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

The tattoo artists have been a popular attraction at many of our events. A lot of them focus on horror, scifi, fantasy and superhero designs.

Ya I'm coming around to it :)

24 minutes ago, somewhereintexas said:

They are the voices of the characters pictured.

That’s what I figured, but it couldn’t hurt to add something to that effect on the graphic. It’s not obvious with voice actors. 

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

This will be cool to get for my daughter. She is obsessed with the little mermaid right now. The soundtrack is on repeat in the car and Benson sings a lot of the songs.

I'm wondering what my daughter will think.  She's 25 now, but she watched these movies plenty of times when she was little.

1 hour ago, somewhereintexas said:

I'm wondering what my daughter will think.  She's 25 now, but she watched these movies plenty of times when she was little.

It might actually be a great birthday gift for her. Especially personalized.. A framed print or fillm cell. She might appreciate it more now. I figure my daughter won't really appreciate until she gets older. I'll hang it in her room.

6 hours ago, mysterio said:

That’s what I figured, but it couldn’t hurt to add something to that effect on the graphic. It’s not obvious with voice actors. 

We do it to confound people who are unfamiliar with google.

8 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

We do it to confound people who are unfamiliar with google.

:facepalm: Because the best marketing tactic is to be vague enough people have to actively search who the guests are/why they're relevant, as opposed to enjoying the excitement of a properly drafted announcement that clearly states who was just announced as a guest and why you should care...  

Exactly. I was expecting an offended post much quicker than 9 hours...

If someone was on the email announcement list, they would have received a preface announcing these were Disney voice actors. If someone visited the website they would see them listed as animation guests, and the headline announcement on the site at the moment is:

We’re bringing some DISNEY MAGIC to Dallas!

Are you ready to revisit your childhood memories with Disney’s favorite voice actors? 

For more information click here.

As someone with a 3.5 year old daughter and I didnt know the names of the voice actors, when I saw the announcement and the images, my first thought was that they were voice actors. I know thats not what everyone will assume, but the majority probably will. I can see a few people thinking they could be animators though.

One easy thing to do is to add a bit of info to the guest bio on the click through from the animation guest links.

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Sheesh, someone could also take a suggestion in the manner in which it was intended, to be helpful to those interested in the guests being announced. Someone could wonder why we bother to have a thread here about the show if the research needs to be done via Google.

Why is it always the same person?

I just take the image, copy it, relay it here in case anyone is interested. This isn't part of the show's marketing and promotion efforts, it's something I do in my free time. Sorry it's not up to snuff fellas.

Edited by Kevin Boyd

27 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Why is it always the same person?

I just take the image, copy it, relay it here in case anyone is interested. This isn't part of the show's marketing and promotion efforts, it's something I do in my free time. Sorry it's not up to snuff fellas.

:facepalm:  If it isn't worth your time then don't feel you need to do it. I didn't think my initial question was in any way ill-intentioned, and I'm sorry you apparently took it that way. I'll be happy to google all my show info from now on.

I'm just glad the folks at the Toronto show aren't going to have to google these names to find out what they do:

26907478_1699807936737456_57359504376513

Edited by mysterio