• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The comic(s) that made you claw your eyes out

78 posts in this topic

I was going to say Steve Ditko Micronauts, which was particularly jarring coming off of Mike Golden, but after reading a few of the last threads, I'd have to agree Batman Odyssey is a bit hard to keep down.  

On 4/4/2017 at 9:03 AM, kav said:

Batman Odyssey was a new level of bad.  They should keep all writing implements away from Neal Adams.

Amen! Batman Odyssey was a big piece of sheit. The art wasn't that terrific either.

Just now, oakman29 said:

Amen! Batman Odyssey was a big piece of sheit. The art wasn't that terrific either.

Adams should redeem the book at cons for an OA piece.

Yup.  I had seen that cover but clearly found the experience so horrifically traumatising that I’d buried it deep down in my subconscious and temporarily could no longer recall its existence. 

It also starts to make me feel disoriented in a way similar to looking at flashing lights. 

Edited by Ken Aldred

11 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.  I had seen that cover but clearly found the experience so horrifically traumatising that I’d buried it deep down in my subconscious and temporarily could no longer recall its existence. 

It also starts to make me feel disoriented in a way similar to looking at flashing lights. 

Thanks for a morning chuckle, Paul.  :bigsmile:

If we're talking about the World War Hulk mini-series drawn by JR JR, far from the worst I've ever seen.  I could've suggested to Joe that he takes a look at the abysmal Dell super-hero monster comics I posted earlier, but I like him and so I don't want something like that on my conscience.

Edited by Ken Aldred

the spawn satan wars from like 20 issues ago by Larsen is some of the worst art I have ever seen in my life.  plus the story was terrible on top of it.  going from McFarlane, to Capullo, and even Portacio you have some expectations going into a spawn book and Larsen just destroyed those issues.

as far as JRJR, he has zero talent, dude gets jobs based on his name and nothing else.  that latest issue of suicide squad makes me want to kill puppies its so bad.

40 minutes ago, classicaaron said:

the spawn satan wars from like 20 issues ago by Larsen is some of the worst art I have ever seen in my life.  plus the story was terrible on top of it.  going from McFarlane, to Capullo, and even Portacio you have some expectations going into a spawn book and Larsen just destroyed those issues.

as far as JRJR, he has zero talent, dude gets jobs based on his name and nothing else.  that latest issue of suicide squad makes me want to kill puppies its so bad.

There, there..., let the hate flow through you..., :baiting:

1 hour ago, classicaaron said:

If you really punish yourself by looking at the art in those Dells I mentioned, then compared to Tony Tallarico, JR JR is on par with Rembrandt.   Or Picasso, maybe? No, that's unfair; JR JR's art is very blocky-looking at times but hardly Cubist.  Anyway, Tallarico's art is appalling. 

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

Bingo!

There were a couple of hideous Iron Mans by Tuska early in the series.  The cover's not bad, but open these up at your peril.

Iron Man #41

Ah, The Slasher. I'd forgotten about him.  To a Brit his name is as sophomoric as The Whizzer.