• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dennis Barger Jr vs CGC!

77 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, comicwiz said:

I can't speak in this particular instance, but as someone working with top 100 global brands, most companies have dramatically reoriented their culture to understand this way of dealing with customers (i.e. "priority queues" as you state) has led to very costly and avoidable business mistakes.  Those doing it right assign a loyalty value on a customer contact attempt to directly arrive at a solution with the company because it keeps the matter offline.  The costs aren't exclusive to needing to chase it down like wildfire to fan the flames online - the heaviest toll for "preventable miscue" being when the incident carries enough traction and steam to have more coordinated and strategic oversight involved to arrive at a remedy.

As someone who was the primary architect for a fortune 100 company's (also FDA regulated) CRM/IM solution I can tell you the right and wrong way to manage customer incidents.  This company was certainly one of "those doing it right".  Every incident starts with a priority and the nature of the incident determines the elevation.  

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I would expect no less from Steve. Regardless of how CGC found out about it, they did contact the owner and it appears he wanted more than just fixing the label. He must have wanted the difference in value of the book as he had it posted on EBay, cannot find the listing now.

Found it.

MP 15

He's going to end up doing very well for a 4.0.  He's already over double GPA for a dunked book.  With all the negatives associated with this guy, he knows how to market a book.  

Edited by comicquant

1 hour ago, joeypost said:

I would expect no less from Steve. Regardless of how CGC found out about it, they did contact the owner and it appears he wanted more than just fixing the label. He must have wanted the difference in value of the book as he had it posted on EBay, cannot find the listing now.

Found it.

MP 15

It is already $300 over what it is worth.

Just now, deadleg said:

Wow. I've had mislabeled books before. Didn't realize I could sell them on eBay for 2x GPA. :tonofbricks:

According to him or the ebay listing, for not sending it back to CGC he'll never be able to use CGC again.....?

The only reason it is a one of a kind book is because most people simply send back the book and go on with life.  Getting a 4.0 book come back in a 9.2 label is definitely not the end of the world.

1 hour ago, comicquant said:

He's going to end up doing very well for a 4.0.  He's already over double GPA for a dunked book.  With all the negatives associated with this guy, he knows how to market a book.  

So he makes a couple hundred bucks.    He's a smuck.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Would the grading fees be impacted by the 9.2 grade? I assume you pay more for a key book that has a high grade as some sort of percentage or tier or something like that.

No.

10 hours ago, deadleg said:

Wow. I've had mislabeled books before. Didn't realize I could sell them on eBay for 2x GPA. :tonofbricks:

They would make great propaganda, displayed at another companies booth at a convention." Do you really want to trust the guys who did this?"

A limited, but motivated market.

On 4/4/2017 at 10:48 AM, PatrickG said:

Either that's fake or a very newly graded book. The certification number doesn't pull up any results.

CGC has probably pulled the number as the grade is invalid.

Edited by kav

3 hours ago, shadroch said:
13 hours ago, deadleg said:

They would make great propaganda, displayed at another companies booth at a convention." Do you really want to trust the guys who did this?"

A limited, but motivated market.

It would just be a bunch of cosplayers, so who cares?  Nobody. lol

The level of intense animosity that some Voldemort fans have towards CGC never ceases to amaze me. I know there’s people here who think the reverse, that Voldy is junk, but even the most vociferous don’t approach the level of rabid rhetoric reached by certain cee bee see ess boosters.