• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC Slab Anything?

38 posts in this topic

Will CGC Slab Anything?

Will CGC slab anything comic related that will fit in a slab? What comic related things will they not slab? Lastly, what is the largest dimensions of an item they will slab? I.e. If I received a 8.5x11 sketch from Laird, but is not witnessed, will they slab it and is it too big for a slab? Also, if I have a 8.5x11 letter from Gene Colan, since he is a comic artist, will they slab it?

2 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

No.

But I've seen them graded on ebay and such they Give it a NG

I've seen where they give sketches on paper a NG-no grade but most have a yellow label on ebay etc.

Are you just wanting it graded to have it protected etc.?

Also since it is not witnessed, I don't see the label saying anything...

I am wondering the same thing too though, I have a Neal Adams Sketch on his COA sketch card

Neal Adams Original Sketch Signed.jpg

8 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

Will CGC Slab Anything?

Will CGC slab anything comic related that will fit in a slab? What comic related things will they not slab? Lastly, what is the largest dimensions of an item they will slab? I.e. If I received a 8.5x11 sketch from Laird, but is not witnessed, will they slab it and is it too big for a slab? Also, if I have a 8.5x11 letter from Gene Colan, since he is a comic artist, will they slab it?

This has nothing to do with anything but for some reason I'm getting a Dr Suess vibe here

Will CGC slab in the Spring?

Will CGC slab in a ring?

Will CGC slab and sing?

Will CGC slab anything?

Well snap I thought I saw something like what I mentioned earlier, but I can't find it now to post a link for proof...

So I guess disregard what I said, I could of sworn I saw it though lol 

I do see 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Star-Wars-Boba-Fett-Sketch-by-Clayton-Crain-CGC-Signature-Series-NG-Batman-/152496980743?hash=item2381874307:g:mP4AAOSw4CFYuhyR

Which has a sketch and a NG, but I think it is a comic; also I think this is what I saw last time but I thought it was sketch on paper/card idk

5 minutes ago, Likefro said:
14 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

Will CGC Slab Anything?

This has nothing to do with anything but for some reason I'm getting a Dr Suess vibe here

Will CGC slab in a ring?

Will CGC slab and sing?

Will CGC slab anything?

I think they would slap your filthy avatar....,  :baiting:

15 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

Will CGC Slab Anything?

I guess the only safe thing to do is call them....they're probably really busy though right now with con's etc....

1 hour ago, Captain Canuck said:

Will CGC Slab Anything?

As far as I know, CGC doesn't slab sketches on paper - unless the sketch is done on a standard comic book sized backing board.

They used to slab trade paperbacks, but stopped that last year.

2 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Will CGC Slab Anything?

If they feel an image/sketch is too offensive they will not grade it.

2 hours ago, lizards2 said:
2 hours ago, Likefro said:
2 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Will CGC Slab Anything?

Will CGC slab in a ring?

Will CGC slab and sing?

Will CGC slab anything?

I think they would slap your filthy avatar....,  :baiting:

Oh baby!

Is a comic backboard the largest dimension they will slab?

In regards to Dr. Seuss, let's say he sent me a letter as a kid on 8.5x11 piece of paper, CGC will not slab it? I don't mind the NG designation. Or let's say he sent me a letter and just so happens it was the same dimensions as a comic backing board, will they slab it then with the NG designation?

38 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

Is a comic backboard the largest dimension they will slab?

In regards to Dr. Seuss, let's say he sent me a letter as a kid on 8.5x11 piece of paper, CGC will not slab it? I don't mind the NG designation. Or let's say he sent me a letter and just so happens it was the same dimensions as a comic backing board, will they slab it then with the NG designation?

:roflmao:hahaaha I needed that, that's funny                                                                by the way I only get 10 likes a day but you would have just taken all of them 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

2 hours ago, mschmidt said:

As far as I know, CGC doesn't slab sketches on paper - unless the sketch is done on a standard comic book sized backing board.

They used to slab trade paperbacks, but stopped that last year.

When did they stop?

20161107_152435.jpg

2 minutes ago, MetalPSI™ said:

I guess I don't understand the difference. This is a TPB to me, or at least what my LCS calls a TPB

Think of the first Dark Knight Returns series - all 4 issues were prestige format books which were then collected into a single TPB.

Yeah, I don't know that series. What about the BWS Weapon X collection? Is that considered TPB? It's too thick to be slabbed, but collects MCP into a single book. Which is what Bloodhungry is as well.

Here are 2 examples:

8.5x11 print signed by Capullo:

IMG_6792.thumb.PNG.73f5af0a08edebda4f01c48f53ff5e59.PNG

Will they slab this?

Page 1 of a Swamp Thing --script signed by Allan Moore (8.5x11):IMG_6793.thumb.PNG.573948c27aee11b2448d26350fcc7aa0.PNG

If they were both the size of a comic backing board will they slab it then with the NG status?

Will they slab and what is the max size they can be?

Edited by Captain Canuck

CGC is open right now, give them a call? 

5 minutes ago, Captain Canuck said:

Here are 2 examples:

8.5x11 print signed by Capullo:

Will they slab this?

Page 1 of a Swamp Thing ---script signed by Allan Moore (8.5x11)

If they were both the size of a comic backing board will they slab it then with the NG status?

Will they slab and what is the max size they can be?

Instead of speculating, why not just contact CGC?  No doubt there are folks here who may know but go right to the source and ask.  If they say no, then you save the cost and potential loss or damage during shipping.  If they say yes, there you go.  Good luck and cool items.