• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Slab Sent 'Round The World - Update??

20 posts in this topic

The Slab Sent 'Round The World - Update??

Years and years and years ago in the early, dark days of this message board, wasn't there a slab (or a book or a box or something) being passed around among board members, hot potato-style?  Whatever happened to that thing?  Seems like it had a drawing of Captain America on it or something.  Man, my memory's terrible...

056_zpswjfgatdt.jpg

This one passed through Oregon a few years back.  It was looking pretty beat up.  Lots of tape on the case.  I signed it and sent it .......to somebody else .......  I can't remember who (shrug)

Hmm... The mystery embiggens.

(Though I'm pretty sure this isn't the original artifact.  That's a new(er) label and the original book would have had an original label, given when the whole thing started.)

Wasn't it a copy of Kamandi -The Last Boy on Earth?

And I believe part of the original shipping box was being shipped along with it and each boardie would add a little bit of art work to it.

Also, wasn't that the one that Brad (board member Redhook) kidnapped and refused to forward on to anyone else?(shrug)

12 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

And I believe part of the original shipping box was being shipped along with it and each boardie would add a little bit of art work to it.

Also, wasn't that the one that Brad (board member Redhook) kidnapped and refused to forward on to anyone else?(shrug)

Yes!!  That's sounds right... So, Hook was the one who absconded with it?  Whatever happened to him?  Did he have a Green River meltdown?  

13 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Was this the book that was sent with no box?

There was an experiment once where a slab would just have postage attached to it and then get dropped in the mail.

16 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

As far as I know, I was the second to last person to have it.  I signed it and mailed it off and never heard about it again.

I believe you are the one who sent it to me.  This picture is old.  I just used it for reference.  :smile:

11 hours ago, Jking3437 said:

I started this in2014 , never got it back lol 

This book ? You never got it back ?  :mad:  What's up with people these days ?  I have a picture of the inside front page (at that time also if you want me to post it) ......BTW, what ever happened to Kraven ?? 

002%204_zpsy3k9k9zj.jpg

Edited by Senormac

nik%20sign_zpsezvvfcfl.jpg

Here is another thing that got passed around among all the boardies and it made it safely to it's destination

1 hour ago, Senormac said:

This book ? You never got it back ?  :mad:  What's up with people these days ?  I have a picture of the inside front page (at that time also if you want me to post it) ......BTW, what ever happened to Kraven ?? 

002%204_zpsy3k9k9zj.jpg

I also have a pic of the inside art work from when I had it, last I remember ChrisInBaltimore was to receive it from Comicdey (shrug)

On 4/5/2017 at 2:32 PM, Senormac said:

002%204_zpsy3k9k9zj.jpg

Yup that one 

Want me to post a pic of the sigs on the first page ?  .....at least up to the point where I had it ? I mean, it's your book.....even though it's been misplaced

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, Lego said:

Yes!!  That's sounds right... So, Hook was the one who absconded with it?  Whatever happened to him?  Did he have a Green River meltdown?  

My memory is very foggy on the details, but didn't he try to set up some type of "sting" operation against another boardie for a Green River book?  I also seem to recall this being the scenario that got him banned.  And I think when that happened is when he refused to forward the Kamandi book.

Anyone else remember the details more clearly?

Yeah, that was Mandi Jr.....created after the first one was kidnapped.

It never recaptured the original magic. :frown:

Mandi_Jr.jpg

Edited by Domo Arigato