• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goldin Auctions is Entering Comic Book/Art Auctions and Hiring Consignment Director/Category Manager

11 posts in this topic

Goldin Auctions is Entering Comic Book/Art Auctions and Hiring Consignment Director/Category Manager

Goldin Auctions, the collectible industries fastest growing auction house with $25 million in sales in 2016 is launching a comic division. We are looking for a knowledgeable, motivated individual with experience to be our consignment director/category manager.

A properly qualified/experienced individual will earn a significant salary and bonus .

Email Goldin CEO Ken Goldin directly at ken@goldinauctions.com with a resume, contact information and any other information you wish to supply. All emails will be replied to .

thank you

Goldin Auctions

https://goldinauctions.com/

Edited by goldin auctions

That's a heck of a first post after being registered for 4 years.  Not sure if CGC will let this thread survive but will you having comic only auctions?  You often have a few scant offerings in your regular auctions of mainly sports material so just curious.

thank you

Yes, we will be having comic book only auctions. We have been acquiring and saving some items for our first comics auction and have some nice high grade key issues, and some lower grade of really big issues (Like Batman #1).

Our goal is to build our comic book division in the same manner we built our sports division. That did $750,000 in 2012 and $25 million in 2016....Looking for the right person (or persons) to bring aboard and help us grow it.

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I don't think I would call it spam myself. If I were the auction house I would think this would be a good place to look for a possible candidate. That said, not sure what the rules are from CGCs side

That's what I was thinking too, but I thought I was missing something. Makes sense to me to recruit here, to lurk for years reading and learning, and then to make a sincere effort to be a member of this (and other) communities of serious collectors. That said, maybe I'm (we're?) not aware of some rule?(shrug)

Good luck in finding your new guy or girl. (thumbsu 

I do believe that this area of the CGC boards would be better suited for what you're trying to achieve.  

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/19-comics-market-sales-advertising-ebay-dealers-etc/

I would re-post exactly what you posted in this thread and have both going.  I do believe that CGC will delete this thread, so you may as well get the headstart. 2c 

thanks for your input

any legitimate suggestions, please email me with how to contact that person, or email me on your own behalf.

I did contact CGC VP Marketing prior to posting this 'help wanted' message and did not get a reply. I also asked for advertising rates and other information as we will be going at this 'all in'. 

We have significant capital and experience  in the collectibles and auction business , and would be a perfect home for someone looking for a huge opportunity with rich financial and personal enjoyment rewards