• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM- ASM 98---GRADE IS IN!! THANKS!!

8 posts in this topic

PGM- ASM 98

just curious what other's would assess on this one:

PRO'S

Lays real flat, good centering imo, real nice colors

CON'S

Has a "severe" spine tick bottom left, like someone wasn't careful and squished it a bit like a crinkle

Soft corner(s)

ASM 98 FRONT.jpg

ASM 98 BACK.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Nice looking book, the kind that I used to get from mail order companies in the UK who graded anything like this as NM. For me, the significant spine tick is enough to drop it to a 7.0. That's what I would put it at on ebay. Any higher and the recipient would see the spine ding and may feel cheated. 

Shame. The amount of books I bought in the early days as NM that turned out to have one defect that dropped them is the stuff of nightmares. 

1 hour ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

I'd say 7.0-7.5 ish ... might be a little harsh ...

That's what I was thinking, should present well in the case, I had one on a ASM 300 that might not have been this bad and it dropped to an 8.0

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

Nice looking book, the kind that I used to get from mail order companies in the UK who graded anything like this as NM. For me, the significant spine tick is enough to drop it to a 7.0. That's what I would put it at on ebay. Any higher and the recipient would see the spine ding and may feel cheated. 

Shame. The amount of books I bought in the early days as NM that turned out to have one defect that dropped them is the stuff of nightmares. 

I guess I was hoping for 7.0 or + lol Like I said, had a ASM 300 with one it went to 8.0, I don't know if this looks as nice as the 300.

I don't see it being bad enough for a 6.5 or - due to the rest seeming so nice and supple, like you said other's would try and take advantage and market as something it is not; I guess since I own it, I'm being a little more optomistic lol "I" don't want to feel "cheated"....