• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 1 : Take 2

182 posts in this topic

Here is a list of people I am waiting to submit a grade:

1 R1970d

2 silver surfer

3 rickdogg

4 whet

5 norrin radd

6 brockley

7 hobgoblin

8 jimm94

9 flink

So I am officially asking all the Grading Contest contest participants....

#1 is everyone ok with me signing Harry up since he was not present to do so himeself?

And..

#2.. Is it OK with everyone if I submit an absentee grade for Harry till he returns on the 17th?

Both are fine with me.

#1 is everyone ok with me signing Harry up since he was not present to do so himeself?

And..

#2.. Is it OK with everyone if I submit an absentee grade for Harry till he returns on the 17th?

Both are fine with me.

I am also fine with both...I mean hey it's only a fun contest.

Just to be on the up and up.

Recently when the contest was announced I knew Harry(Burntboy) would be gone on Vacation for two weeks, starting May 3rd.

I acted as his proxy, and told Nikos to sign him up for the contest.

(I assumed Harry would want to play.. as he loves this kind of grading stuff, and did so well in the march contest.)

Anyhow.. unless Harry plugs in soon, long distance style from his comfy Hotel Lobby in Mexico.... he will miss the deadline for Round 1.

So today..I asked Nikos to put Harry down for the same grade guess that I submitted for Round 1... Nikos kindly acquiesced.

If I am way off on my Round 1 guess.... Harry can chew me a new one when he gets back for such a bad start.. but if I nail it ( i.e... Harry nails it too).. I did not want any under the table talk going on..or grumblings about how it was not fair when it came to light Burnt was not actually here to cast his vote on round 1.

And..

I know how dissecting grading contest rules can become a hot topic of discussion.(coff.. coff..... MK and I quibbling over the rights to Anne...)

I mainly just wanted to absolve Nikos from any of this( he already has enough on his plate)

Ze-

Kenny

If you nail it, I'll consider you my proxy as well! flowerred.gif

So today..I asked Nikos to put Harry down for the same grade guess that I submitted for Round 1... Nikos kindly acquiesced.

If I am way off on my Round 1 guess.... Harry can chew me a new one when he gets back for such a bad start.. but if I nail it ( i.e... Harry nails it too).. I did not want any under the table talk going on..or grumblings about how it was not fair when it came to light Burnt was not actually here to cast his vote on round 1.

And..

I know how dissecting grading contest rules can become a hot topic of discussion.(coff.. coff..... MK and I quibbling over the rights to Anne...)

I mainly just wanted to absolve Nikos from any of this( he already has enough on his plate)

Ze-

Kenny

You are soooooo lucky MK isn't here right now. This would have been good for 20 to 25 pages of posts! foreheadslap.gif

I think that for Harry, you should submit the grade you think Harry would submit if he were submitting the grade, rather than submit the grade you think is the right grade for the book.... oh, nevermind, of course it's fine!

Recently when the contest was announced I knew Harry(Burntboy) would be gone on Vacation for two weeks, starting May 3rd.

I acted as his proxy, and told Nikos to sign him up for the contest.

(I assumed Harry would want to play.. as he loves this kind of grading stuff, and did so well in the march contest.)

Anyhow.. unless Harry plugs in soon, long distance style from his comfy Hotel Lobby in Mexico.... he will miss the deadline for Round 1.

And..

Ze-

Kenny

It's only unacceptable if he wins, otherwise, who cares? confused-smiley-013.gif

1 R1970d

2 silver surfer

3 rickdogg

4 whet

5 norrin radd

6 brockley

7 hobgoblin

8 jimm94

9 flink

gossip.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifgossip.gif

1 R1970d

2 silver surfer

3 rickdogg

4 whet

5 norrin radd

6 brockley

7 hobgoblin

8 jimm94

9 flink thumbsup2.gif

That's cool Ze-boy, very thoughtful of you to take care of Harry like that. thumbsup2.gif

well, I'm BBaaaaccccckkkkkkk from Mexico (Riviera Maya)..............and what do i find????? a new grading contest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks Ze, for taking care of me, and since i'm only here for tonight (but Muy Busy) and then off to Puerto Rico for 4 more nights, i'll stay out of the first two rounds and let you take either the credit or abuse for "my" guesses.

just remember that i have finished second in the last 2 contests, so you have your work cut out for you devil.gif

good luck to all and thanks to Nikos once again for helping to make this place fun!!!!!!!

36 grades have been submitted so far. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Let's get a move on, little doggies makepoint.gif

So, if you don't have your grade in yet, you are either:

1) comatose;

2) trying to find a new way a cheat; or

3) your Mother hasn't left town yet,

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Patience is a virtue, Daivd.

Patience is a virgin.

1 R1970d

2 silver surfer

3 rickdogg

4 whet

5 norrin radd

6 brockley

7 hobgoblin

8 jimm94

9 flink

gossip.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifsleeping.gifgossip.gif

I'm in like Flynn, sorry, foreheadslap.gif in the insurance industry when people decide to drive like wildmen and the nice weather comes around, my job gets 100% more hectic makepoint.gif

]Here is a list of people I am waiting to submit a grade:

1 R1970d

2 silver surfer

3 rickdogg

4 whet

5 norrin radd

6 brockley thumbsup2.gif

7 hobgoblin thumbsup2.gif

8 jimm94

9 flink thumbsup2.gif

And..

Both are fine with me.

Fine with me too! hi.gif

And..

Both are fine with me.

Fine with me too! hi.gif

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

And..

Both are fine with me.

Fine with me too! hi.gif

Thnx guys

In the end.. I imagine the only person who will really be mad at me is Burntboy..

AFTER he sees how bad my Round #1 guess was.

Or was it... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif.. we will soon know.

"The suspense is killing me.. I hope it lasts."

Ze-