• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Men Blue- (anybody?)

11 posts in this topic

X-Men Blue- (anybody?)

Picked it up, and even though I have kind of been out of the X-Men titles for awhile, I felt like it was a decent read.  I am a sucker for the Original 5.   Any significance withe the BLUE in the title of the book (does it refer to anything?)

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

So the Blue team is the team that was taken from the past that were in All-New X Men?  Are there still 2 of each running around in the current continuity?  

Last I heard, older Cyclops and Jean were still dead.

8 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Is Gambit in this book? Or in any current series? I saw him on the connecting variants but didn't notice him when I flipped through the book.

So far it is just the time displaced Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Angel, and Beast.  Magneto is supposedly leading them now.  Just wondering what the Blue was in reference to the title?  I get Gold (top team, best team etc.), why didn't they call this X-Men Silver (since they are Silver Age heroes in a Modern time).  Just wondering....

On April 15, 2017 at 9:08 AM, Mercury Man said:

So far it is just the time displaced Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Angel, and Beast.  Magneto is supposedly leading them now.  Just wondering what the Blue was in reference to the title?  I get Gold (top team, best team etc.), why didn't they call this X-Men Silver (since they are Silver Age heroes in a Modern time).  Just wondering....

As someone else stated the Blue and Gold refer to the X-men teams of the 90's. After one event, they had just a whole load of characters so they split the team into two Blue and Gold (which were the uniforms of most of the characters of the time. So, the X-men title followed one team and Uncanny X-men followed the other. So, they are just bringing it all back around.