• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redneck by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren Skybound
1 1

168 posts in this topic

Thankfully I heard about this early and was able to pre-order.  I just heard about Babyteeth recently so I hope to be able to snag a copy of that as well when it comes out.  So far I have enjoyed everything by Cates I have read

31 minutes ago, Holden Caulfield said:

BUT WAIT, there's more!  Skybound will have con exclusives of REDNECK #1with Donny signing on Saturday!

:acclaim:

Yup! We'll have a limited number of these bad boys at our C2E2 booth (and an Extremity #2 Variant too!).

-shawn

Redneck01_CoverD.png

18 minutes ago, the authority said:

If anyone is going and can pick me up a Con Exclusive, I'd be happy to pay for it and your time.

ill go for a bundle deal lol and pay anyone for the inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, IntoAnother said:

No, it's Skybound's exclusive for C2E2 this weekend. It is the same image that is on the ashcan though. 

Thanks!  I'm not a fan of the Ashcans, unless they are less than $5. lol

...and now a little of my own thoughts...

It finally came to me. The reason Cates is such a good writer is that he gets you to care about people. It doesn't matter whether its a superhero wannabe, an old guy with Alzheimer's disease and a big sword, or a family of vampires from East Texas, he puts you on the edge of your seat while you're reading. You meet a character early in an issue and by the last page, you feel for him. We're talking 1 issue. That's special, really special in a day and age where comics are done in 4 to 12 issue arcs. I'd love to tell you everything about the book but I feel I just wouldn't do it justice. Buy it, read it, and if you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands. This story is off to a very good start. (thumbsu

I lived in SE Texas and SW Oklahoma for a few years. People from that area have a certain swagger and a way they do things that make you know that they say what they mean and do what they say. I think he captures that in this book and in God Country. 2c