• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Redneck by Donny Cates and Lisandro Estherren Skybound
1 1

168 posts in this topic

Picked up the Houston Charity cover for #7 last Wed and got to my read pile this weekend. Wow, what a start to the next arc!

Spoiler

Killing off the dad, JV, and Father Landry having turned what looks like quite a few new vamps! Definitely didn't see that coming...

Local copies were really trashed.  Hope to visit another shop so I can get back into the book. 

Definitely feels like the interest by others has dropped some.  Shouldn't be surprising though, people can't seem to be interested in a book beyond the 1st arc anymore. 

Patrick

This book is very high quality and I'm in for the long haul. Still believe Image puts out the best books month in, month out, with very few exceptions. The problem is that most of the books have scheduling issues. Still, they get the bulk of my ? ? 

3 hours ago, the authority said:

This book is very high quality and I'm in for the long haul. Still believe Image puts out the best books month in, month out, with very few exceptions. The problem is that most of the books have scheduling issues. Still, they get the bulk of my ? ? 

Agree, really like this, and I have no plans to stop reading this book, definitely one of my favorites. I basically follow most of the Donny Cates series (Redneck, Babyteeth, and I've picked up Thanos now that he's taken over starting on #13), and Tom King (loved his Vision and Sheriff of Babylon mini-series, and his Batman run and Mr. Miracle are the only DC books I'm reading).

I hear you on the scheduling for Image books - given the creators generally have control over when they put out their issues, there's often breaks between arcs. At least with Redneck, it was only a month between #6 and #7. Monstress, another book I enjoy, is going to be almost 8 months between issue 12 and 13 (May 2017 to Jan 2018!, and this is after a 5 month break between 6 and 7). I think these breaks definitely hurt a series... a lot of people forget about them, or aren't aware when they come back.

The image books I’ve been on are consistent. I can’t imagine waiting 8 months for a single issue. Might as well wait for the trade at that point! 

I enjoyed issue 7. I’ve thought about quitting the singles and waiting for the trades, I know it would read a lot better that way. But I also want to support the creators. 

Yah, that thought has occurred to me too - that in some ways I'd rather just get the trade, but it's good to support the book and get the single issue floppies too. But especially with Image titles where the "break" between arcs is usually to put out the trade (like it was for Redneck), you really don't have to wait that long for the trade... 

I figure if everyone waited for the trade, the series gets cancelled?