• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know anything about these?

17 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure that I saw this sell on Heritage in the past.

I don't recall recall how much it sold for but perhaps you can try searching on their site.

3 minutes ago, greggy said:

Thx Greggy! It's cool but so obscure it doesn't seem to demand a high price. I like it but do not want to overpay. The seller is way under this eBay listing but still high.

34 minutes ago, Readcomix said:

Thx Greggy! It's cool but so obscure it doesn't seem to demand a high price. I like it but do not want to overpay. The seller is way under this eBay listing but still high.

I think it was a week where there wasn't anything else that interested me at Heritage so I didn't bid on this.  Normally, I would have been interested in it.  I probably would have put in a big of around $75 if I really wanted it. 

17 minutes ago, greggy said:

I think it was a week where there wasn't anything else that interested me at Heritage so I didn't bid on this.  Normally, I would have been interested in it.  I probably would have put in a big of around $75 if I really wanted it. 

I think the article by Stan Lee on the back side is the hidden gem....it's also cool to see Marvel heroes and United Features strips characters on the same Art Deco image.

I think it is pretty groovy indeed! I love the different characters juxtaposed together. It looks like Flash Gordon has Kirby dreams! (And Dale's armpit is inhabited!) That Namor is insane! (Who drew that?) And although Spidey is huuuge, it is Tarzan that commands center stage

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I think it is pretty groovy indeed! I love the different characters juxtaposed together. It looks like Flash Gordon has Kirby dreams! (And Dale's armpit is inhabited!) That Namor is insane! (Who drew that?) And although Spidey is huuuge, it is Tarzan that commands center stage

Ok, I will try and land the one here as cheaply as possible! You guys are talking me into it...

I don't recall any Marvel Comics being available on microfilm in the mid 1970s.  I took two trips in to the NY Public Library and read their comic collection back when I was in HS, and even visited the Comics Code people., such as it was. Fieffers  Supe-rHero book, a collected Buck Rogers anthology, a couple issues of Esquire related to comics, some Flash Gordon, Prince Valiant and Mandrake books that combined text and pictures and a few assorted items. You'd think if anyone had these, the NYC Public Library would have.

I was disappointed to find the Comics Code didn't have any back issues at all, and would not let me see the current ones as they weren't for public display.

Edited by shadroch

13 hours ago, kav said:

I would say use that $20 sale as a bargaining point but pretty much once a seller sees $$ Signs it's impossible to talk him down.

Exactly....I'll show her the sale of course but it's such a gap between the one sale and the one ask on eBay that she may not come down to that sale range. 

7 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Exactly....I'll show her the sale of course but it's such a gap between the one sale and the one ask on eBay that she may not come down to that sale range. 

What's t he asking price?

On 4/20/2017 at 2:37 PM, Readcomix said:

$140

I just realized that I won one from Hake's but my copy is really sweet.

https://www.hakes.com/Auction/ItemDetail/202298/AMS-PRESS-PROMO-FOLDERPOSTER-FEATURING-COMIC-CHARACTERS-MARVEL-COMICS-HEROES

On October 4, 2017 at 9:33 PM, greggy said:

I'd say so; congrats! I missed out; to my surprise, the antiques shop was able to sell it.