• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signed Limited Edition Hard Covers: Collectble Yes or no

16 posts in this topic

marvels.gif

I bought the autographed Marvels hardcover years ago because I absolutely loved the story. Excelent art excelent story and I loved the ending.

My question to you is would you buy signed harcovers collections as a collectible?

Personally I am not a fan of Signatures unless I have had the book signed by the creator myself.

I see a signature as a momento of having met a favourite/respected creator rather than something that adds value to a book.

Anyone you are really interested in seeing in Toronto?

After this weekend's show wraps up we will be putting together a guest list for our next show- the big November show (not to be confused with the Canadian Expo in August).

Chances are that we aren't getting Stan Lee but you never know who might be interested. We've already received some interest from guys who aren't normally asked to come up.

Come by and say hello if you come to the show on Sunday. Same goes for any other CGC forum members who plan on dropping by. I got a chance to meet Hogations and CGC Mint at the last one.

Kev

It just seems that US shows are huge extravaganzas while Toronto shows are mild.

BTW I didnt know there was a Toronto show this weekend.

Can ya give me some details?

Someone must think those hardcovers are worthwhile.

Got Chucks newest newsletter in my e-mail today and clicked to see what "bargains" he had in the $50+ list and there was a HC Havok/Wolverine for $250

I thought only the DK Returns signed and maybe the Kingdon Come signed went for that kind of money. I don't even think the high number Marvel Masterworks bring that anymore.

Try to get Steve Skroce who drew ASM, Gambit & Matrix storyboards. Lives in the Vancouver area. Should be popular guest with release of Matrix 2 & 3 movies both in 2003. U may be able to get a message to him via a website search Heritage Hall comicon Vancouver, BC.

Absolutely!

Toronto Comicon

@The Hilton Hotel

145 Richmond St. West (at University Avenue)

Toronto Ontario

Downstairs Ballroom

11 AM - 6 PM

Cost $8 ($6 for advance tickets available at Paradise Comics 3278 Yonge St.)

children under 12 get in free

Guests include:

Phil Jimenez

Penciller: New X-Men, Wonder Woman (also writer), The Invisibles, JLA/Titans, Titans/Legion, Tempest, Planetary/Authority, etc.

Dave Ross

Penciller: Daredevil, JLA: Act of God, Birds of Prey, Captain America, Avengers West Coat

Francis Manapul

Penciller: Witchblade, Tomb Raider

Vatche Mavlian

Artist: Spider-Man/Daredevil, Star Wars Tales, upcoming: Spider-Man/Wolverine (announced today!)

J.Bone

Artist: Spider-Man's Tangled Web 11, Gotham Girls, Alison Dare, Mystery Texas, Jingle Belle, upcoming Wolverine/Doop

Kent Burles

Artist: Planet of the Apes (1980's), Adventurers, TSR gaming

and more!

Thanks,

Kevin