• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

astonishing x-men

27 posts in this topic

Hi, i've been reading astonishing x-men and to be honest it's one of the best comics ive read in a while, even though im a newbie to comics. i've always been getting the variants of the comics i like, and i collect comics aswell (the ones i enjoy reading) so when it comes to astonishing x-men variants i was wondering if there are any point in buying them? or should i buy some CGC'd ones? been a limited run series, would it be forgotten in future, liek so many other limited runs, and value decrease dramatically! or will it be remembered as it's indeed a very good read!?

so basically should i buy some variants of AXM? and should i buy cgc'd or just normal?

Well, variants are mostly a matter of personal opinions, I don't think they are reader copies unless they are the only copies you can get your hands on. Regarding the Astonishing X-Men variants, I would suggest going with the Gabrielle Del'Otto number one and the Colossus variant, as their prices have remained consistent for the past few months, while the original 1st issue variant seems to keep falling in price.

When the 1st issue Cassady variant came out, I think it reached a peak in the mid 100's, last I can remember is in the 25 dollar range.

When the 1st issue Cassady variant came out, I think it reached a peak in the mid 100's, last I can remember is in the 25 dollar range.

Cool. We're getting into the range where I'll be happy to pick one up.

First day it definitely sold in the $125-150 range... 893whatthe.gif

Cool. We're getting into the range where I'll be happy to pick one up.

First day it definitely sold in the $125-150 range... 893whatthe.gif

I had a chance to grab a few of those for like $15 the first day. foreheadslap.gif

I always pick the dogs. blush.gif

been a limited run series, would it be forgotten in future, liek so many other limited runs, and value decrease dramatically! or will it be remembered as it's indeed a very good read!?

Are you saying you think it's a "limited series"? If that's what you're saying, it's not. It's an ongoing series (for whatever that's worth when it comes to Marvel).

BTW, I really enjoy it as well and like the variant covers to one (Cassaday) and four, but I got them at cover price......I wouldn't pay a premium for them.

you paid cover price for retailer incentives?? hell, i can't even get it at cover price at my LCS... they charge normally like 5 times or mroe the cover price...

and im sure i read it was a 1 year comic run, i.e. not ongoing like new avengers etc...

It's an ongoing series (for whatever that's worth when it comes to Marvel).

sign-funnypost.gif

Anyway. I'm a variant-lover as well (or I was up until Marvel started producing variant covers for every single issue since January). I bought the AXM #4 variant off the shelf for $10. A bit pricey for a brand new book, but I feel it was worth it. Its an awesome cover. I also bought two Dell'Otto #1's off eBay a while back for about $4 a pop. Sent one of them in and got a 9.6. It's a great cover as well.

Surprisingly, if you want a hot variant, the New Avengers #1 variant (Spidey cover) is still going strong I believe. Not sure what they're going for, but I got mine for $15 and I'm pretty sure I could sell it for more than that if I chose to.

and im sure i read it was a 1 year comic run, i.e. not ongoing like new avengers etc...

No. Cassady and Whedon were originally signed onto the series for 12 issues, then someone else was going to take over. But they signed on for another 12 I believe. But it's ongoing.

The title is on-going. Whedon/Cassady initially only signed on for one year, and that may be what you're thinking of. They've since signed on for an additional year.

No. Cassady and Whedon were originally signed onto the series for 12 issues, then someone else was going to take over. But they signed on for another 12 I believe. But it's ongoing.

Whedon is supposed to be taking a "six" issue break after #12 (in order to put finishing touches on his movie) and then he'll come back for 12 more issues. That's the latest info from Marvel anyway.

By the way, today's issue kicked [#@$%!!!] from here to toledo

...spain, that is!

What a killer book.

Oh man, was that great! But what is gonna happen to Kitty and Colossus?!? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

...spain, that is!

What a killer book.

Oh man, was that great! But what is gonna happen to Kitty and Colossus?!? 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

I'm sure it was just a simulation or something, and they'll end up being just fine. Here's the tentative cover for #12, and they're still on it.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showcomic.htm?id=2161&format=comic

...spain, that is!

What a killer book.

I'm sure it was just a simulation or something, and they'll end up being just fine. Here's the tentative cover for #12, and they're still on it.

http://www.marvel.com/catalog/showcomic.htm?id=2161&format=comic

nice lookin cover.

the blurb advertises their lives will never be the same...

these guys are resiliant...ya gotta say that.....if my life was never the same the amount of time these guys lives have never been the same, i'd probably pull an obi-wan and go live in the desert...