• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking Help! 7-11 1970`s Silver Surfer cup image
1 1

42 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, kav said:

wait what?

??

I have a customer that wanted the 7-11 Slurpee cup art on a page.  He wanted it exact as possible, as if the cup was uncurled and the image was flat on a page.

Just now, Artboy99 said:

I worked from an actual cup. The drawing I did is flat on a quality paper.

what about the text?

54 minutes ago, kav said:

nice job

Thanks.

I did the drawing of the Surfer, and of Norrin Radd's head. The text I create it in a computer program. An example: I wire frame traced the Silver Surfer logo so it is all vector art. Then I print it to the size I need. Then I meticulously cut out the text to fit around the drawn images. I try to avoid easily visible cut lines if possible. I had some challenges, such as around the Surfer's hand/fingers in the Silver Surfer logo text, not sure if you can tell. The top part of the Surfer's hand in the text of the Surfer logo: it is a thicker black line than the rest of the drawing and that is because I had trouble lining up what I had cut out when I glued it to the page that had the artwork on it. Like I said, meticulous.

Edited by Artboy99

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

Thanks.

I did the drawing of the Surfer, and of Norrin Radd's head. The text I create it in a computer program. An example: I wire frame traced the Silver Surfer logo so it is all vector art. Then I print it to the size I need. Then I meticulously cut out the text to fit around the drawn images. I try to avoid easily visible cut lines if possible. I had some challenges, such as around the Surfer's hand in the Silver Surfer text, not sure if you can tell.

Nope I cant tell.  I'm always interested in the mechanics of stuff like this.  When I get such an assignment i immediately start thinking up various strategies to accomplish.  There's always challenges its like a puzzle.