• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seeking Help! 7-11 1970`s Silver Surfer cup image
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Seeking Help! 7-11 1970`s Silver Surfer cup image

Hi all,

I am trying to find what the back of the 1970 era 7-11 cup of the Silver Surfer looks like. I have a customer requesting a commission of the cup and while I can find the front image I can`t find the back.

I figured within this community of comic enthusiasts there is someone that has one of these cups that could take a picture of the back for me.

Or perhaps someone has a picture of the back view already and could send it to me.

Much appreciated.

Here is the front of the cup I am speaking of.

s-l1600.jpg

7 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Your post made me go look at my 7-11 slurpie cups... and bummer that i didn't have a Silver Surfer

DSCN3530 - Edited.jpg

appreciate that you looked. I just want to know what he says.

I held on to my original 7-11 Marvel cups for decades though they were all from the 1977 series. Even had the original tear sheet that you could use to check off as you completed the collection. Think I sold the lot of them for about 75 bucks plus shipping before I moved to Arizona. My friends were amazed they went for that much. I might have sold them for more individually-- based on how many people seem to list them these days. Either way-- I am happy they found a new home.

Not that I didn't like them or anything-- but the fact is that the plastic these types of cups are made of is pretty fragile-- more so than comics imo. Over time it breaks down and eventually these cups will all fall apart. Mine were in single use shape, hand washed/cleaned and preserved as best I could do-- but I could see the writing on the wall. I have the pictures of them-- and that is plenty to keep my memories. It was a glorious time-- twice a month after making paper route collections I would ride my bmx bike up to the 7-11, grab all the new comics I could find, a bunch of candy bars, and pick up a slurpee cup. Probably didn't cost me much more than 7 or 8 bucks but it was a priceless memory.

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I held on to my original 7-11 Marvel cups for decades though they were all from the 1977 series. Even had the original tear sheet that you could use to check off as you completed the collection. Think I sold the lot of them for about 75 bucks plus shipping before I moved to Arizona. My friends were amazed they went for that much. I might have sold them for more individually-- based on how many people seem to list them these days. Either way-- I am happy they found a new home.

Not that I didn't like them or anything-- but the fact is that the plastic these types of cups are made of is pretty fragile-- more so than comics imo. Over time it breaks down and eventually these cups will all fall apart. Mine were in single use shape, hand washed/cleaned and preserved as best I could do-- but I could see the writing on the wall. I have the pictures of them-- and that is plenty to keep my memories. It was a glorious time-- twice a month after making paper route collections I would ride my bmx bike up to the 7-11, grab all the new comics I could find, a bunch of candy bars, and pick up a slurpee cup. Probably didn't cost me much more than 7 or 8 bucks but it was a priceless memory.

I did the same with my paper route money. 

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

IXnl5Krl.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

2QQlr2vl.jpg

18TNCjtl.jpg

pT0MiwTl.jpg

2wWtfril.jpg

kuqKMcUl.jpg

I had most of them but mine all got beat up and broken and thrown away as I used mine all the time.

I can remember buying these back in the 1970s. I had several of the DC series, I think there were 60 in the series, so i may have had around 40. The 1975 Marvel series I can't remember if I had all of them or was missing a couple. The 1977 wrap-around series i had all 40 cups plus the 6 glasses. After being stored in a large bag and thrown in a closet for 20 years I eventually sold them. I got decent $$ for them, but seeing the pictures in this thread brings back a lot of fond memories. It would be nice to have them back, but i'm sure they would just be boxed up and stored in my closet.