• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRADING CONTEST : ROUND 2

159 posts in this topic

White pages, new label, sorry for the glare on the back cover, new modern slabs are harder to scan. Nothing to hide where the glare is anyways smile.gif. This book is mine so any questions you can PM me, give greggy a break in this round.

dd168.jpg

dd168back.jpg

White pages, new label, sorry for the glare on the back cover, new modern slabs are harder to scan. Nothing to hide where the glare is anyways smile.gif. This book is mine so any questions you can PM me, give greggy a break in this round.

So, what on Greggy are we supposed to break? insane.gif

Did I miss where you posted when grades were due?

Thanks, Red

Monday at 11 AM Eastern Standard Time.

Dunno about the standard time. Aren't most people on daylight savings time? screwy.gif

Thanks, Red

Dunno about the standard time. Aren't most people on daylight savings time? screwy.gif

It's Eastern Daylight Time. Are there any states in the Eastern time zone in the US that don't follow Daylight Savings Time?

Thanks, Red

It's Eastern Daylight Time. Are there any states in the Eastern time zone in the US that don't follow Daylight Savings Time?

Dunno but nikos treated the deadline like daylight savings didn't exist, as his deadline last an hour longer than mine! confused-smiley-013.gif

Thanks, Red

AZ doesn't honor DST, but they arent on the east coast.

Thanks, Red

AZ doesn't honor DST, but they arent on the east coast.

Half of one of the midwestern states doesn't follow it either (Indiana?) but alas, they ALSO aren't in the Eastern Time Zone.

You're correct about Indiana. I used to live in the portion that never changed. It was weird.

There is a portion of the Florida pan handle that either does not observe Daylight Savings, or is on CST unlike the rest of the state. I can't remember which it is...

Education time:

It's Daylight Saving Time, NOT Daylight Savings Time.

Saving is used here as a verbal adjective (a participle). It modifies time and tells us more about its nature; namely, that it is characterized by the activity of saving daylight. It is a saving daylight kind of time. Similar examples would be dog walking time or book reading time. Since saving is a verb describing a single type of activity, the form is singular.

thumbsup2.gif

Education time:

It's Daylight Saving Time, NOT Daylight Savings Time.

Saving is used here as a verbal adjective (a participle). It modifies time and tells us more about its nature; namely, that it is characterized by the activity of saving daylight. It is a saving daylight kind of time. Similar examples would be dog walking time or book reading time. Since saving is a verb describing a single type of activity, the form is singular.

thumbsup2.gif

893censored-thumb.gif you

Thanks, Red

I seem to remember hearing something about either Indiana or Ohio not following Daylight Savings Time.

Personally, I think it's a waste and don't really see the point of it.

Daylight Saving Time -- for the U.S. and its territories -- is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and by most of Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona).

Is what it says here;

http://www.energy.ca.gov/daylightsaving.html

Daylight Saving Time -- for the U.S. and its territories -- is NOT observed in Hawaii, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, the Eastern Time Zone portion of the State of Indiana, and by most of Arizona (with the exception of the Navajo Indian Reservation in Arizona).

Is what it says here;

http://www.energy.ca.gov/daylightsaving.html

Who gives a flyin' frig - we're talkin' comics here! makepoint.gif