• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something Rotten on Ebay?

31 posts in this topic

There is no proven foul here. Scans are nice and big...so he's not hiding the serial number. Yes, it is obviously the same book.

The majority of crooks and theives have sub-par intelligence.

Thieves. I before E except after C.

And that quote is retarded.

There is no proven foul here. Scans are nice and big...so he's not hiding the serial number. Yes, it is obviously the same book.

I wonder if there's any real scientific research to back up what he said about the intelligence of crooks. poke2.gifstooges.gif

Sorry, I could not help myself. shy.gif

I wonder if there's any real scientific research to back up what he said about the intelligence of crooks. poke2.gifstooges.gif

Sorry, I could not help myself. shy.gif

I agree. I can't accept that rule in good conscience. I guess he wasn't prescient enough to anticipate argument.

stooges.gif

I can. Skybolt's right.

Skybolt is most likely correct when he said: That being said, it does seem a little suspicious that he'd relist the book at $1,799 when the original guy wasn't even willing to pay $1,052. I think it's very likely that shilling was involved with the first transaction.

Shill bidding is an UGLY business!

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I guess I didn't read his post carefully enough, but I'm sure skybolt will post again and clarify his position. I don't agree with the logic that relisting at a higher price makes it look suspicious. Just DTA's way of setting the reserve.

You can't provide any evidence that the bidders on his auction were linked to him in an odd way. That's the first thing anyone does when suspecting shilling, and it's not too hard to generate some evidence from the history of FB (sales, buys, comments left) if it is a shill bidder.

I looked at the bidders of his auctions and nothing suggests a connection to DTA.

I can. Skybolt's right.

Skybolt is most likely correct when he said: That being said, it does seem a little suspicious that he'd relist the book at $1,799 when the original guy wasn't even willing to pay $1,052. I think it's very likely that shilling was involved with the first transaction.

893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif893naughty-thumb.gif

I guess I didn't read his post carefully enough, but I'm sure skybolt will post again and clarify his position. I don't agree with the logic that relisting at a higher price makes it look suspicious. Just DTA's way of setting the reserve.

You can't provide any evidence that the bidders on his auction were linked to him in an odd way. That's the first thing anyone does when suspecting shilling, and it's not too hard to generate some evidence from the history of FB (sales, buys, comments left) if it is a shill bidder.

I looked at the bidders of his auctions and nothing suggests a connection to DTA.

As I mentioned in my first post, I've had 2 dealings with DTA and they've both went smoothely. I guess I'm just a little baffled why he'd relist the book 5 days later for $750 more than what the original winner wasn't willing to pay for. It certainly is pretty weird.

I can. Skybolt's right.

As I mentioned in my first post, I've had 2 dealings with DTA and they've both went smoothely. I guess I'm just a little baffled why he'd relist the book 5 days later for $750 more than what the original winner wasn't willing to pay for. It certainly is pretty weird.

Yes, a little weird- but MOST of his listings and his overall approach to ebay sales strike me as weird so my BS sensors do not go off with this item.

Most people like you who've actually dealt with the guy like him so that's enough for me to consider this speculation-lacking-any-concrete-evidence a non-issue.

Does he ever sell anyting? confused-smiley-013.gif All of the books that I've seen him list are overpriced and never seem to get any bids.

Well, he will occasionally sell some of those books to completists because while his prices, we all agree, are high, his inventory is quite deep. He is the seller of last resorts to a few Atlas completists for example.