• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do You Know of Any Great Comic Cover Swipes
1 1

42 posts in this topic

Do You Know of Any Great Comic Cover Swipes

I got these back from CGC today. I asked CGC to note on the label for Unusual Tales #6 that the art had been "swiped" from Bob Swift #5. I do not know if they have ever done this before or if they would have done it in this case if I hadn't submitted the books together. Anyway, they did note on the label "Bob Swift #5 cover homage" which shows that CGC is a lot more diplomatic the I am. I am sure that Magnificent Norm Saunders would not have objected to his cover being redrawn by Inimitable Steve Ditko. Can anyone beat this? If you don't have pictures just give us the issue numbers: we can look them up. 

Homage.JPG

51 minutes ago, Brian48 said:

The obvious one for me.  Man, I wish I had a copy of the original.

det1.10132a.jpg

RADB907F2011315_103916.jpg

Damn, I forgot about this one. Kane and Adams are an impressive pair. Right now I'm only ahead in obscurity points.

46 minutes ago, grayzr said:

One of my favorites.

Spawn 227 - Amazing Spider-Man 300.jpg

I don't think it counts when an artist swipes himself. On the other hand they are both cool and the Spawn is funny (227th Anniversary issue? Why didn't he just wait 4 months and do the standard 231st Anniversary?)

3 hours ago, Bird said:

batman 1 from swiped from Alex Raymond's Flash Gordon!

kane_swipe.jpg

That's the cover from Detective 27, not Batman 1. Pretty much the entire story in Detective 27 is a direct swipe of something, Flash Gordon panels, panels from some Big Little Books. there's an article somewhere online that shows all the stuff Kane swiped from.