• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What flaws are acceptable when order new comics online?

6 posts in this topic

I've ordered many new comics online from various stores and wondered what are reasonable flaws to prompt asking for an exchange/refund. Recently I order 20 comics and 10 of them had either spine creases, edge creases or dents. Are those all valid reasons to ask for an exchange or am I being unreasonable about?

15 hours ago, orbitalpunk said:

I've ordered many new comics online from various stores and wondered what are reasonable flaws to prompt asking for an exchange/refund. Recently I order 20 comics and 10 of them had either spine creases, edge creases or dents. Are those all valid reasons to ask for an exchange or am I being unreasonable about?

I would say it depends on what the listing says the condition is....also where your buying from....also how much you paid compared to how much to send them back, also depending on what kind of refund your looking at...

A lot of variables..

If you are buying comics with the notion of grading/reselling then you should not be buying from an online retailer, ESPECIALLY not a discount retailer. If condition is of high importance then I personally think you should go buy in person, or work out a mail order arrangement with a company where you specify you are ordering high grade comics. It's simply not worth the headache of being unsatisfied and attempting to do any sort of return shipping. 

Significant creasing or tears would warrant me using a different retailer in the future, and probably sending an email to the previous retailer informing of the fact and why. Maybe they will offer a replacement, but I wouldn't expect it.

I buy in bulk from a LCS and he gives me the books in great condition. He kinda laughs about it, as if I see some crunched corners or something he has no issue with me taking his better copies as he knows that it matters to me and he says very few if any of his subscribers care about 9.8 level condition. But on some books (Marvel) the paper stock sucks and therefore there are more issues.