• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Store Exclusive Variants Thread!
2 2

158 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, brianlake7 said:

Not sure if anyone else got the email but the print run just dropped a lot on these. I liked the art but was holding back, now these look to be the lowest print run Metal Books

9b2492b8-7b04-46d3-b465-7ba62cbf0037.jpg

Only Cover A remains.  The other two are sold out.  Saw the full set a mere two days ago and didn't realize how much I liked them until today.  

Those sold out quick after they sent out word about the reduction in availability. Glad I ordered mine before. Sucks that all of the Metal covers had issues though.

Anyone see the Horn variants yet for Harley 25th ?

img_0260.jpg

img_0261.jpg

img_0262.jpg

Edited by MDR123

16 hours ago, Michael Lamm said:

And the final reveal. 

IMG_5593.JPG

It looks like the artist referenced photos of 3 different people for this.  The faces makes it look like these are 3 different characters.

11 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

Pre ordered 2 signed and graded sets! That cover is a beaut!! Natali Sanders can do no wrong! Comic market street sure has come out with a bang with these exclusives!

She is really doing some great work! I think there is value is preordering the signed and graded because it's signed on day of release 

2 hours ago, rjrjr said:

It looks like the artist referenced photos of 3 different people for this.  The faces makes it look like these are 3 different characters.

That might be the most picky comment iv'e ever heard!

Clearly they are 3 different Harleys. Arkham, OG Harley and Margot robbies Harley. If you want 3 of the exact same image go get those terrible Greg horn books which are exactly the same with 3 different outfits. Thats lazy imho.

12 hours ago, Drill423 said:

Only Cover A remains.  The other two are sold out.  Saw the full set a mere two days ago and didn't realize how much I liked them until today.  

I lucked out too... blink of an eye.

15 hours ago, MDR123 said:

Those sold out quick after they sent out word about the reduction in availability. Glad I ordered mine before. Sucks that all of the Metal covers had issues though.

Anyone see the Horn variants yet for Harley 25th ?

img_0260.jpg

img_0261.jpg

img_0262.jpg

Man the three packs sold out quick. Honestly I didn't realize Greg Horn has that many rabid fans but it looks like he does. 

Edited by Michael Lamm

7 hours ago, rjrjr said:

I don't have an issue with the faces and I normally love Natali's work but the middle Harley kinda looks like the head was photoshopped onto the body or something.

2 hours ago, aerischan said:

I don't have an issue with the faces and I normally love Natali's work but the middle Harley kinda looks like the head was photoshopped onto the body or something.

I see what you mean - I think that's a lock of hair that goes across her neck, and because her face color is white while her neck is skin-tone, it does make it look a bit strange. I still like it though. 

Aspen stressed strongly that with the printing issue that the print run was decreased and would not changed. I wonder if this now changes things? I wonder how long this will delay things? How many of the other covers have already been released (besides the regular covers and midnight release ones)?

For those of you who didn't get any of the Aspen ones, I would think DScott will be offering some slabbed ones signed and unsigned. Also, I bet beachbum and possibly Rich too. Probably at a premium, but might be worth it if you were going to get them slabbed or SS slabbed. 

I don't care for the Natali Sanders and I normally like her work. Honestly, I like the Sanders art, but not that all three are on one cover. I dont like the background either. I wish she had done three covers and focused on one version each. I don't know, it just looks weird to me. Three versions on one cover? Just odd to my eyes. Just think if it was Batman or Superman. It just kinda throws it off for me. The Horn ones, well,  I like that he focused on one character, I like the pose and the background, but really only like the virgin one. Theres just something about those that I don't like. I feel like they almost have an unfinished look. Like they still needed to be refined once more, softened in some areas or something. Im not an artist so I really shouldn't criticize. I think I like it enough to possibly buy it, but I need to think it over.

Im such a downer tonight! (shrug)

Does anyone know the print run on these? I picked this book up today but I couldn't find too much info on it. It comes in the unknown comics 4 pack on their website. But I couldn't see the print run for the book listed anywhere.

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

Edited by .mike

I really like the Natali Sanders book. I pre ordered. I think you guys are a tad to picky imho. The greg horn books on the other hand are just terrible. One character drawn once with costume layovers.. its so bad the og harley has new harly eye makeup on. He just drew a mask layover. It's lazy as hell. Doesn't even look like harley at all.  Rushed and a money grab. pass. 

I'm normally a big Horn fan, his Powergirl doing pushups is epic but this... i dunno man.

11 minutes ago, TheRealVenom said:

...Rushed...

Thats a good word for it. Rushed. Thats kinda how I feel about it. Like it needs a bit more work on it. I feel like an big A hole saying these things since I couldn't make these kind of images to save my life. HA. But, when it comes to throwing down my $$moola$$, I gotta get the feels about the cover or some other reason to pull out the wallet.

Edited by kevhtx

47 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Aspen stressed strongly that with the printing issue that the print run was decreased and would not changed. I wonder if this now changes things? I wonder how long this will delay things? How many of the other covers have already been released (besides the regular covers and midnight release ones)?

For those of you who didn't get any of the Aspen ones, I would think DScott will be offering some slabbed ones signed and unsigned. Also, I bet beachbum and possibly Rich too. Probably at a premium, but might be worth it if you were going to get them slabbed or SS slabbed. 

I don't know if I believe ..... the print run "was cut in half". Aspen was saying before the print run was 3000/2000/1000..... now they're saying 1500/1000/750, so that a rate of 50% loss. 

I agree with the board route... they always come through ^^

2 minutes ago, combiner1 said:

I don't know if I believe ..... the print run "was cut in half". Aspen was saying before the print run was 3000/2000/1000..... now they're saying 1500/1000/750, so that a rate of 50% loss. 

I agree with the board route... they always come through ^^

Well, my plan was to send my 2 sets to FXC to have them signed by Steig, Capullo and Snyder. They won't make it in time for me now I guess. Ill have to wait for NYCC. I assume Aspen and Steigerwald will be there. Glapion is there so might be good to wait anyway.

17 hours ago, TheRealVenom said:

That might be the most picky comment iv'e ever heard!

Clearly they are 3 different Harleys. Arkham, OG Harley and Margot robbies Harley. If you want 3 of the exact same image go get those terrible Greg horn books which are exactly the same with 3 different outfits. Thats lazy imho.

Jump to conclusions much?  It was an observation not a nitpick.

Edited by rjrjr