• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Store Exclusive Variants Thread!
2 2

158 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, .mike said:

Does anyone know the print run on these? I picked this book up today but I couldn't find too much info on it. It comes in the unknown comics 4 pack on their website. But I couldn't see the print run for the book listed anywhere.

IMG_3796.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3797.jpg

The didn't advertise a print run.

https://unknowncomicbooks.com/products/dark-nights-metal-1-of-6-unknown-comic-books-exclusive-tyler-kirkham-8-16-2017

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, TheRealVenom said:

Pre ordered 2 signed and graded sets! That cover is a beaut!! Natali Sanders can do no wrong! Comic market street sure has come out with a bang with these exclusives!

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, TheRealVenom said:
On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, Michael Lamm said:

IMG_5593.JPG

Pre ordered 2 signed and graded sets! That cover is a beaut!! Natali Sanders can do no wrong! Comic market street sure has come out with a bang with these exclusives!

I really love just about anything Sanders does, but I am on the fence with this one.

I loved her Edge of Venomverse 1 because of the detail involved with it. This one is more cheesecake that all the artist's do, it doesn't have
her normal flair that sets here apart I think.

That and I am just about done with any type of special variant. They have lost their uniqueness for me. Everyone is doing them.

Edited by fastballspecial

Edit - just saw someone already posted about the Crain so I hid mine.  

And there are already three on ebay for 4-5x the price.....

I'll still ask the question from my hidden post though.  Have you seen stores release graded only copies before, and what do you think of the practice?

Edited by Sooners151

10 hours ago, Sooners151 said:

Edit - just saw someone already posted about the Crain so I hid mine.  

And there are already three on ebay for 4-5x the price.....

I'll still ask the question from my hidden post though.  Have you seen stores release graded only copies before, and what do you think of the practice?

This is the fourth Ultimate Edition released by The Comic Mint and their partners but this is the first one where there are no other versions of the cover being offered. No color, B/w, virgin, sketch versions. The only way to get this book is the graded version limited to 250 copies only. 

1 minute ago, Drill423 said:

Picked up the standard cover.  Frankly tired of "sets."   This and the Mattina variant are my "must haves" for this book.  

Maybe I was missing something, but what was the difference in the set and the standard ? They looked the same to me out side of I guess the back cover NYCC logo? 

Just now, MDR123 said:

Maybe I was missing something, but what was the difference in the set and the standard ? They looked the same to me out side of I guess the back cover NYCC logo? 

Looked like the only difference was a virgin variant exclusive to NYCC, with a smaller print run.  

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 3:23 PM, fastballspecial said:

I really love just about anything Sanders does, but I am on the fence with this one.

I loved her Edge of Venomverse 1 because of the detail involved with it. This one is more cheesecake that all the artist's do, it doesn't have
her normal flair that sets here apart I think.

That and I am just about done with any type of special variant. They have lost their uniqueness for me. Everyone is doing them.

I agree.  I love Natali's work, but the Harley cover is just an extension of the original sketch/print she did below.  Whoever commissioned that original book is a VERY lucky person.  If it ever came to market, I would drop 4 figures to get it.  As for the 25th Anniversary book, I'm on the fence as well, but I guess I better make a decision in case they sell out.

492eb6ba9cdea4a86169fb0844dc233b.jpg

21 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

I agree.  I love Natali's work, but the Harley cover is just an extension of the original sketch/print she did below.  Whoever commissioned that original book is a VERY lucky person.  If it ever came to market, I would drop 4 figures to get it.  As for the 25th Anniversary book, I'm on the fence as well, but I guess I better make a decision in case they sell out.

492eb6ba9cdea4a86169fb0844dc233b.jpg

You'd really have to drop 4 figures, check her commission prices for a they are easily that plus if you had both Harleys on the cover.