• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!

You may or may not know, but I write for MoviePilot.com. You've probably seen some of my posts. My article that I wrote last year was nominated for Creator Of The Month. If you want to vote for my article, that would be so cool! 

You can vote here: https://moviepilot.com/p/mp-picks-our-10-favorite-articles-written-by-creators-in-august/4360512

My post is the Why The 'Game Of Thrones' Cave Painting Is Our Best Hint Yet That Jon Snow Is Azor Ahai, The Last Hero

Thank you everyone!!

I was checking something else on You Tube and found this. Kit Harrington is at the end, but starting at 6:40 you will fine Jamie, Loki, Hulk, Tyrion and I know I missed a few. 

Not all can actually "sing". Wolverine sounds pretty bad and Jackman is a fantastic singer;)

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:
2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Also, is it known or assumed that Sansa got all of her info about Lord Baylish's plots from the Three-Eyed Raven? Seems like she put everything together pretty quickly and that's the only way she could've done so. Just not sure if I missed that or it's just assumed. Really liked that scene, though.

I thought she had his number for a long time. She's smart, and she's been growing up finally. Remember, she's still very young.

Yeah, she's been with him long enough, she knows how he operates.  And she was there when he pushed her Aunt out of the tower.  That alone is cause for his execution.   Not sure how they figured out the rest.  She probably just put 2 + 2 together.  I can't remember if her Aunt ever said anything to her about John Arron (Robert's original Hand). 

33 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:

Yeah, she's been with him long enough, she knows how he operates.  And she was there when he pushed her Aunt out of the tower.  That alone is cause for his execution.   Not sure how they figured out the rest.  She probably just put 2 + 2 together.  I can't remember if her Aunt ever said anything to her about John Arron (Robert's original Hand). 

probably a couple helpful hints from bran along the way.  And with Arya's abilities, she can get into the mindset of someone else enough to see things from their perspective even without wearing the skin probably.  Probably pretty useful for this.

I think Littlefinger overplayed everything this last season.  To be fair, he thought he was playing against kids.  But he should have done just a little bit of romancing of Sansa after being the hero in the Battle of Bastards and went back to the Vale and built it up in preparation for the wars to come.  He could have left Sansa with the memory of him being a romantic hero, a savior of sorts.  He could have been the king of the ashes after all the wars, either controlling Robin or trying to marry Dany or Cersei or Sansa (or Arya I guess) later when someone REALLY REALLY needed the Armies of the Vale.  Of course that wouldn't have made for good tv, not that this last season was particularly good tv in Winterfell, even if the ending was somewhat satisfying.

2 hours ago, Martin Sinescu said:

Also, is it known or assumed that Sansa got all of her info about Lord Baylish's plots from the Three-Eyed Raven?

It was actually leaked that there was a scene filmed (but cut, obviously) where Sansa goes to talk to Bran before the Baylish trial.  If it was cut to preserve the argument that Sansa and Arya were playing him all along, or if it was cut for other reasons isn't clear. 

58 minutes ago, Transplant said:

It was actually leaked that there was a scene filmed (but cut, obviously) where Sansa goes to talk to Bran before the Baylish trial.  If it was cut to preserve the argument that Sansa and Arya were playing him all along, or if it was cut for other reasons isn't clear. 

Maybe to bolster the characterization of Sansa so that she's not the ONLY ONE who doesn't know what Littlefinger is doing. 

I was only half-following the Littlefinger plotlines before last season so I'm still torn on this.  Wouldn't the Starks still be outcasts from Winterfell and possibly all dead besides Arya without Littlefinger?

53 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I was only half-following the Littlefinger plotlines before last season so I'm still torn on this.  Wouldn't the Starks still be outcasts from Winterfell and possibly all dead besides Arya without Littlefinger?

But I think the LARGER point is that if not for Littlefinger's machinations before and during Season 1 (he killed Jon Arryn, tried to kill Bran then blamed it on Tyrion, then betrayed Nedd in Kings Landing), EVERYBODY (save maybe Jon) could still be home in Winterfell drinking cocoa and playing snow soccer with their direwolves, and prepping to fight the White Walkers with a Jon Snow led Night's Watch.

But he did kill Joffrey, save Sansa, and help Sansa and Jon take back Winterfell. (but I think this part is largely balanced by killing the sister of the woman you love, then marrying off her daughter to a psycho rapist/murder). 

1 minute ago, I like pie said:

After watching episode 7 again, I did not see the wolf sigil in the crowd. Just random spacing. I think the internet pic attached has been "adjusted".

I also really hope the Bran/Night King theory isn't true. Nothing like time travel to ruin a great story.

gallery-1504001454-bk-nypc0c6fpn2xz1nuej-fvk1kcs5pie78o451dycs.jpg

yes, I hope they don't get "LOST" in time travel plotlines.

3 hours ago, revat said:

But I think the LARGER point is that if not for Littlefinger's machinations before and during Season 1 (he killed Jon Arryn, tried to kill Bran then blamed it on Tyrion, then betrayed Nedd in Kings Landing),

Exactly.  He set EVERYTHING in motion.  He was the catalyst for the entire story. 

7 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:
4 hours ago, revat said:

But I think the LARGER point is that if not for Littlefinger's machinations before and during Season 1 (he killed Jon Arryn, tried to kill Bran then blamed it on Tyrion, then betrayed Nedd in Kings Landing),

Exactly.  He set EVERYTHING in motion.  He was the catalyst for the entire story. 

On a related note, one of the spinoffs I'd want to watch most is the "Rise of Littlefinger" starting with Peter getting his salad tossed by Nedd's brother, and his story al the way to becoming the master of coin in King's Landing.  There's a obviously an attractive back drop of brothels, but he must have had adventures and murders and scandals and blackmails to rise in stature.  He'd be like the ANTI-Ray Donovan.

Which leads me to my list of spinoff ideas no one is talking about:

1. Rise of Littlefinger

2.  Origin of the Faceless Men

3.  Iron Bank Collections Agency 

4.  Littlefinger's Brothel - just the day-to-day stuff of running a brothel, kind of like Deadwood. 

5.  A show centered around the Citadel, possibly 40-50 years before the show so we can see the maesters we know.

10 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

It had to be information from the Three Eyed Raven.

I get the books and series mixed up, but I don't believe anybody could have known he pushed the sister out the "door" in the floor. And Bran was sitting up there with Sansa like a judge.

...and, despite what others think, I don't think Sansa is that bright. Arya, yes, Sansa, no.

7 hours ago, grebal said:
8 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

but I don't believe anybody could have known he pushed the sister out the "door" in the floor.

Sansa was standing right there when it happened. [TV show]

Yes.  Same in the books as well.  

6 minutes ago, chrisco37 said:
7 hours ago, grebal said:
8 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

but I don't believe anybody could have known he pushed the sister out the "door" in the floor.

Sansa was standing right there when it happened. [TV show]

Yes.  Same in the books as well.  

OK, I forgot all about this.  He deserved what he got.

12 hours ago, marvelcollector said:

It had to be information from the Three Eyed Raven.

I get the books and series mixed up, but I don't believe anybody could have known he pushed the sister out the "door" in the floor. And Bran was sitting up there with Sansa like a judge.

...and, despite what others think, I don't think Sansa is that bright. Arya, yes, Sansa, no.

You are underestimating Sansa. She is slow playing everyone and letting them underestimate her. That is her schtick. Remember her comments about learning a lot from Cersei? She would have also learned from poor Baylish how to be devious and plot in the shadow. In the end I see her developing into a cunning leader type that is better at navigating politics than John.

Wouldn't this be funny in the end - John marries Sansa and they rule from the Iron Throne! 

2 hours ago, kimik said:

You are underestimating Sansa. She is slow playing everyone and letting them underestimate her. That is her schtick. Remember her comments about learning a lot from Cersei? She would have also learned from poor Baylish how to be devious and plot in the shadow. In the end I see her developing into a cunning leader type that is better at navigating politics than John.

Wouldn't this be funny in the end - John marries Sansa and they rule from the Iron Throne! 

I don't think Jon's constitution will be able to handle getting with his AUNT, THEN getting with his COUSIN (who he thinks of as a SISTER).  And honestly I can't see why anyone would want to get with the current version of Sansa, although I guess beauty and a family name are a lot in that world.  Unless he goes the other way and becomes all about that familial love.

If this was an ongoing soap opera show, Sansa could marry Gendry and they'd be a pretty solid power couple, especially with the rumors that he's actually the trueborn son of Sersei and Robert baratheon, but she claimed a miscarriage and discarded him because he had brown hair (probably meant for him to be killed but he wasn't), rather than blonde.  Now there's not enough storytime for that to be true, but if it was a real ongoing soap opera, that'd be a nice plot point.

I was wondering how long Jon Snow was under the water. So either this is another show timeline mess-up, or the article may be on to something.

Did You Spot This Huge 'Game Of Thrones' Jon Snow Hint?

b0a602087eae47682e474b61034445ce.cf.webp

Look again at the scene in episode six where Jon is dragged down into the freezing waters of the lake by the army of wights. He misses the last flight out of town, everyone thinks he's done for and Daenerys and the remainder of the Magnificent Seven all flee the scene on dragonback.

When we cut back, seemingly moments later, Jon pops back up out of the lake, grabs LongClaw and is about to make his last, solitary stand when Uncle Benjen rides to the rescue.

But is that what happened?

When Jon emerges from the lake, the wights have cleared the field. They're on their way to have some well-earned ice lollies and a rub down. How long does it take an army to depart a frozen lake? An hour? Maybe a well-disciplined army could do it in half that. Maybe an army of dead people controlled by a single intelligence could do it in even less.

That means Jon was underwater for twice as long as any normal human being. Yes, free divers with years of training and preparatory hyperventilation can go for 22 minutes in nice, warm water, wearing Speedos. Jon was in a frozen lake wearing forty pounds of leather, iron and fur.

Here's our point: if the show-runners intended to hint at what we're inferring from the scene, then Jon is either immortal or has a particular superpower.