• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2,373 posts in this topic

What does Dany do without an army?  Two dragons aren't enough to defeat Cersei.

They've had the undead Mountain on deck for three seasons now.  It's LONG past time to see him fight the Hound.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

Why did Melisandre die at the end?  And what exactly was Bran worging for while all the guys guarding him died?  I kept hoping he'd actually contribute to the battle by worging Viserion or Ghost or something, but nope, just out to lunch throughout the battle for some reason I couldn't figure out.

I believe that Melisandre knew Sir Davos was coming for her as he had promised to do.  So instead of dying by Sir Davos' hand, she decided to go out her way, more peaceful.

Bran worging was to keep track of the all the battles ( Moving pieces as @Unca Ben pointed out ) that were taking place and it also flushed out the Night King. We hadn't seen him until that point.

11 hours ago, I like pie said:

First half was almost unwatchable. Very poorly filmed. You could hardy tell what was happening.

Last half was great though.

Same, I sat for the 1st half going "this is dumb, I can't see what's going on!!"

I turned the brightness way up on my TV and that made it tolerable.

1 minute ago, Pete Marino said:

Same, I sat for the 1st half going "this is dumb, I can't see what's going on!!"

I know most viewers probably didn't like the way it was filmed.  Too dark, too hard to see. 

We all need to remember  " The night is dark and full of terrors "

9 minutes ago, Pete Marino said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who did this.

I thought maybe my eyes were giving out on me :preach:

10 minutes ago, bane said:

Hate to admit I was a little disappointed. :(

It did feel like the show-runners wanted to make it clear the Night King was never the biggest threat that needed to be addressed in the end. So they wrapped it all up in one episode with a final kill, and no explanations given on the Night King's full origin and motivations.

Other than Bran had to go. For some reason. Yup. That's it!

33 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

I believe that Melisandre knew Sir Davos was coming for her as he had promised to do.  So instead of dying by Sir Davos' hand, she decided to go out her way, more peaceful.

Bran worging was to keep track of the all the battles ( Moving pieces as @Unca Ben pointed out ) that were taking place and it also flushed out the Night King. We hadn't seen him until that point.

keep track? But why? who was he telling these movements to?

3 minutes ago, zhamlau said:
37 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

keep track? But why? who was he telling these movements to?

I've been wondering if he was somehow communicating with Arya.  How did she get out of that room she was stuck in with the Hound and Melisandre, and what did she say when she zipped out?  I couldn't hear it.  Next we saw her she zipped in from nowhere to stab the Night King.

After being 'Game of Boned' on the TV picture settings last night, I had to go back and reset all the pre-setttings I was scrolling through and increasing brightness trying to figure out what was going wrong with my TV.

:insane:

Thanks HBO.

8 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Bran wasn't telling anyone.  He was watching as the 3 Eyed Raven does.  For all we know, this was to draw out the Night King, to taunt him. Here I am, come get me. 

But then why did he have to do it? The night king saw him when he flew over the castle, he didnt need to draw him out , the NK knows where he is at all time. The entire going into a trance thing had no value.

6 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I've been wondering if he was somehow communicating with Arya.  How did she get out of that room she was stuck in with the Hound and Melisandre, and what did she say when she zipped out?  I couldn't hear it.  Next we saw her she zipped in from nowhere to stab the Night King.

It's possible he was communicating with the NK and some sort of deal was worked out between Bran and the NK. Some have theorized that Arya actually messed up an evil plan Bran had been putting into motion. They were looking at each other quite longingly and it felt like what the NK was going to do was just a formality. With the Winterfell soldiers and Theon, who were guarding him, all dead, there would be no witnesses to what was about to go down between the NK and Bran...

Just a thought. There are three more episodes for it to play itself out.

11 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

And also...why would the Night King allow himself to be put into such a position? He spends eons planning this, keeps himself safe and lets his animated army do his bidding/take all risks at every point UP UNTIL the end? None of his (possibly literally) 1000 body guards were guarding the door? And he is so inexperienced he falls for the same "haha you didnt see my OTHER HAND" trick that killed his main fighter earlier?

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

And also...why would the Night King allow himself to be put into such a position? He spends eons planning this, keeps himself safe and lets his animated army do his bidding/take all risks at every point UP UNTIL the end? None of his (possibly literally) 1000 body guards were guarding the door? And he is so inexperienced he falls for the same "haha you didnt see my OTHER HAND" trick that killed his main fighter earlier?

The Night King has been trying to kill the 3 Eyed Raven for years.  Did he allow any of his army to kill the 3 Eyed Raven in the cave season 6.  No, he did it himself. The Night King isn't going to let anyone else other than himself get the satisfaction of killing the 3 Eyed Raven.

Edited by Catwomancomics

Just now, Catwomancomics said:

The Night King has been trying to kill the 3 Eyed Raven for years.  Did he allow any of his army kill the 3 Eyed Raven in the cave season 6.  No, he did it himself. The Night King isn't going to let anyone else other than himself get the satisfaction of killing the 3 Eyed Raven.

But he could have just had him brought to him in safety like he always did. When he was going after them in the cave, he sent his forces first. he didnt go head first into it.

Why not bring him to his enclave and kill him in his own way on his own time?

11 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

The Night King has been trying to kill the 3 Eyed Raven for years.  Did he allow any of his army kill the 3 Eyed Raven in the cave season 6.  No, he did it himself. The Night King isn't going to let anyone else other than himself get the satisfaction of killing the 3 Eyed Raven.

I would love to know what the premise is behind this deep hate.

Like was posted a few times here, it could be as simple as the Three-Eyed Raven represents protecting humanity. So since the Night King represented the opposite of this, then he would be driven to wipe out such a threat. But just getting a little tickle of the backstory of their war on one another would be cool.

14 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Totally agree. Are we allowed to post theories on this thread? If, so read on...

Spoiler

The Night King's immunity to fire and ability to ride a dragon must mean he was once a Targaryen. The children of the forest had a purpose for creating the white walkers - keeping humanity in check - but this particular Night King (not the first) proved too hard to control. The final episode will show Bran returning north of the wall thinking he is to be the new Three-Eyed Raven, instead he is taken by the children and made their new Night King.