• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman # 638

17 posts in this topic

um...how can they both be holding the same helmet at the exact same moment?

27_laughing.gif I was just waiting for someone to ask that!

I assume the 2nd print cover takes place a couple of seconds after Bats pulls off his helmet and then Jason(?) grabs it back! confused-smiley-013.gif

Also in this issue the Joker gets his payback. gossip.gif

27_laughing.gif That is pretty funny. If you look closer it looks like the eye mask is off Jason in the reflection on the Batman cover. So (here goes) Jason takes off his mask, Batman grabs the mask, immediately followed by Jason taking off the eye mask, which would make the second printed Jason cover actually happen before the first printed Batman cover. confused-smiley-013.gif

The Robin RED HOOD character is actually a TAKE-OFF of Jokers original idenity. Joker was the RED HOOD way before he was the Joker. The red hood he wears is actually clear as explained in some old silverage DETECTIVE COMIC. Maybe someone out there will know more detail on this. I just thought it interesting that Robin took the idenity of RED HOOD, seeing it was one a the BATMAN villains before this Robin was around.

The Robin RED HOOD character is actually a TAKE-OFF of Jokers original idenity. Joker was the RED HOOD way before he was the Joker. The red hood he wears is actually clear as explained in some old silverage DETECTIVE COMIC. Maybe someone out there will know more detail on this. I just thought it interesting that Robin took the idenity of RED HOOD, seeing it was one a the BATMAN villains before this Robin was around.

That is interesting. Ya know I didn't really think I would learn something in this thread when I posted these covers, I just thought they were cool.

Thanks for the info. thumbsup2.gif

Also interesting since the Joker is the one who killed (I guess now it's "killed") Jason Todd

If he wears that red helmet to hide his identity, would he really need to wear the eye mask too?

It must be split personality. He thinks he's both Red Hood and Robin.

Hmm, but wait-a-minute. Was his eye mask as Robin the same color as it is currently?

I used to own Detective 168 which had the origin of the Joker. He can see out of the Red Hood helmet but you can't see in. The Red Hood origin is also in post crisis when it is brought up in The Killing Joke.