• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superboy - Complete!

397 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Silver said:

According to Mikes this has a circulation of 265,000

IMG_0501.JPG

I am guessing that 265,000 would be considered on the low side in the early 70s. I was looking through a Superman issue from 78 or 79 that I picked up the other day and the statement of circulation average as I recall was around 425,000. Though I think any publisher today would love 265,000 issues sold per month...as Batman is the only current modern that hovers around 100k consistently now.

Edited by FutureFlash

8 hours ago, Silver said:

In my opinion, this is a key book. The LSH really shot up in popularity in their Superboy run.

IMG_0504.JPG

I remember this one taking me at least a little while to find back in the early 90's, when I was putting together that part of my Legion run.  The good/bad of the internet; a lot of the fun of the chase is gone... but the fun of actually being able to find books is nice.

Also, I think I didn't say this earlier, so gratz on your putting together this amazing run!

2 hours ago, Silver said:

One of the really great reprint issues. I had a hard time getting a reasonably priced high grade issue. I like the white cover and selection of reprints. The last issue in this title like this.

IMG_0517.JPG

It might just be me, but it seems like those 68 page squarebounds DC did shortly after the 100 pagers just rarely came out bound well, and the white cover just makes it tougher.

Whenever you collect a run of something, some book has to be your last one to get. For whatever reason, Superboy 212 was my last issue I needed to have like 100 on up. It took going to the Chicago Comic Con to get a copy. When I say that I don't mean it's scarce or anything, it's just that finding nice copies of Bronze Age books can sometimes be more elusive than you would think it would be.

IMG_0521.JPG