• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Transformers BUMBLEBEE spin-off (12/21/18)

44 posts in this topic

Transformers BUMBLEBEE spin-off (6/8/18)

TRANSFORMERS Spinoff BUMBLEBEE Will Be Helmed By KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS Director Travis Knight

149355.jpg

According to Deadline, Travis Knight has been tapped to helm Paramount's Bumblebee movie, which will feature the fan-favorite yellow Autobot from the Transformers franchise.

Knight previously directed the Academy Award-nominated animated film, Kubo and the Two Strings, but this would mark his first foray into live-action. The studio was clearly searching for a director with a background in animation for this one, as they also met with The LEGO Batman Movie's Chris McKay.

TRUE GRIT Actress Hailee Steinfeld Is In Talks To Star In TRANSFORMERS Spinoff BUMBLEBEE

151513.jpg

According to THR, Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit, Ender's Game, The Edge of Seventeen) is in negotiations to star in Paramount's planned Transformers spinoff, which will focus on the fan-favorite Autobot, Bumblebee.

Though specific plot details are still under wraps, it's understood that Steinfeld will play "a tomboy who also holds a job as a mechanic after school." Something tells me one of the cars she works on will be of the yellow Camaro variety.

Edited by Bosco685

Bumblebee Producer Says Transformers Spinoff will Evoke Generation 1

237293782.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=

In a new interview with Collider, producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura teased the 1980s setting, in addition to its classic, ’80s Generation 1 Transformers influences.

“The objective of that movie is to develop more time with less robots, and to go back to 1985 and to go back to the original heritage, if you would, of the Transformers, G1. So, it has a very distinct idea in it, and whatever is going to happen with the chemistry is what’s going to happen. But it really is a young female lead opposite of Bumblebee, and I think that Optimus is going to be jealous that Bumblebee has his own movie.”

The producer previously compared the Bumblebee film to The Iron Giant, and discussed the different angle the Transformers spinoff aims to tackle:

“There are less Transformers, dramatically less…We hired, purposely, Travis Knight who’s a very distinct filmmaker. You can’t compete with Michael [Bay], you’re going to loose. Also, the audience want’s something different all the time, let’s keep them interested. So, they’re going to get a very emotional, complex story. A very tight story, in terms of its location, in terms of its storytelling. In fact it reminds me a little bit of The Iron Giant when I did that movie at Warner Brothers. It just reminds me a little bit of that, where that it feels contained, but it doesn’t feel small.”

I'll take 80's Transformer any day!

the only thing that can hurt the movie is if they don't give Bumblebee a voice because I feel without It the movie can't have good characters development with Bumblebee and the other characters.

5 minutes ago, kagenish said:

the only thing that can hurt the movie is if they don't give Bumblebee a voice because I feel without It the movie can't have good characters development with Bumblebee and the other characters.

When did Bumblebee first come out? I was just checking, and didn't realize he had a regular voice at one point.

Transformers Bumblebee Movie's Working Title Revealed

transformers-5-bumblebee-wwii-2-995514-1

The Transformers film franchise is expanding into an entire cinematic universe (a la DC, Marvel, and Star Wars), and the first film coming out of that expanded universe is the solo film for Bumblebee, which will be a prequel story to the current franchise, set in the 1980s "G1" era.

The film (which is apparently titled Transformers Universe: Bumblebee) is coming together quickly, with two lead humans already cast. True Grit's Hailee Steinfeld and Spider-Man: Homecoming's Jorge Lendeborg Jr. are headlining the film, and today we have insight on what the movie's working title will be during production:

If you're hoping to catch a glimpse of what happens on set, or you want a small part in the movie, then keep your eyes peeled for productions going under the name of "Brighton Falls." That will be the alias for Transformers Universe: Bumblebee's shoot (according to Omega Underground), and only fans in the know will be able to take advantage.

Just now, reddwarf666222 said:

This movie is going to flop. What the producers failed to realize is Optimus is needed for the success 

I wasn't sure why they singled out Bumblebee from the group. Other than the movie character seemed to get a little more individual Transformer screen time with Sam in the first two movies.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I wasn't sure why they singled out Bumblebee from the group. Other than the movie character seemed to get a little more individual Transformer screen time with Sam in the first two movies.

Bumblebee in the movies is there for the kids to bring them in. He probably gets the second most merchandise sold of the characters.

In the cartoon series he probably received more screen time than any other character because Spike Witwicky was for the most part always riding with him at least for the first two seasons.

Yet after Prime died none of the characters could carry the series it was so bad they brought Prime back for the last two episodes.

same thing can be seen in Last Knight none of the Autobots could Carry the film for the first 80 percent essentially Prime free film

I think it is just a lack of understanding 

BUMBLEBEE Movie Adds WWE Superstar John Cena In A Lead Role; Gets New December 2018 Release Date

152965.jpg

According to THR, WWE Superstar John Cena (Trainwreck, The Wall) has joined the cast of Paramount's Bumblebee movie, which also has a new release date that puts it in direct competition with James Wan's Aquaman.

The Transformers spinoff was originally set to debut on June 8 2018, but has now been pushed back to December 21 - the same day Jason Momoa's King of Atlantis swims into theaters.

19 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

This makes me more interested in seeing this now. I met John Cena and he is a very nice Massachusetts guy. I hope his movie career takes off like The Rock.

BUMBLEBEE: THE MOVIE Logo And Title Treatment Revealed At The TRANSFORMERS Spin-Off's Wrap Party

Bumblebee-The-Movie-001.jpg

The wrap party for Bumblebee: The Movie (which appears to be the official title) was held last night, and the Transformers spin-off's official logo & title card were revealed.

The movie is set in 1987, and kicks-off with Bumblebee finding refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

First ‘Bumblebee’ Image Reveals Hailee Steinfeld in the ‘Transformers’ Spinoff

bumblebee-hailee-steinfeld-slice-600x200

2017 is coming to a close, which means it’s time to start looking towards big films headed our way next year. One of those is Bumblebee, Paramount’s first spinoff of the Transformers franchise, and the first image from the new movie has landed online. Paramount tapped LAIKA CEO and Kubo and the Two Strings director Travis Knight to make his live-action directing debut on the pic, which finds Hailee Steinfeld taking on the lead human role.

But as you can see in this first look image, there’s one major difference from the Transformers movies: Bumblebee is a period piece. The film is set in the 1980s and is said to be more in line with a coming-of-age/teen movie, with Bumblebee featuring as one of the only major Transformers in the film. That’s a change of pace from the nonsensical action of Michael Bay’s five (!) Transformers films, and it’ll be interesting to see how audiences respond.

First 'Bumblebee' Footage Previews the 'Transformers' Spinoff at CinemaCon

bumblbee-spinoff-volkswagon-beetle-10693

Tonight during Paramount's presentation at CinemaCon, filmmaker Travis Knight took to the stage to discuss his upcoming, Bumblebee-centric Transformers spinoff -- and to share a little bit of footage from the film.

ComicBook.com's Brandon Davis shared this account with us:

In a featurette, Knight is shaping figures which later became animated in his earlier films. The cast highlight his ability to see "a drawing on a page brought to life."

He is excited to bring the same details to Bumbleebee, whjere he wants to showcase his love of films like Indiana Jones and Back to the Future. It will be an origin story for Bumblebee and Hailee Steinfeld's Charlie.

"He's taking the story back to the bieginning, set in a period where I first fell in love with Transformers," John Cena says. The video concludes with behind-the-scenes footage of Bumblebee in old bug car form driving away with a camera crane following, and a logo for the film.

Here is the film's official synopsis which, in conjunction with this clip, seems to confirm that the movie is stepping away from the ultra-violent spectacle of the Michael Bey films and taking on a more nostalgia-inspired take in keeping with movies like ET and Flight of the Navigator:

On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie (Hailee Steinfeld), on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary, yellow VW bug.

Bumblebee will hit theaters on December 21.